How to Jailbreak Your 2G iPod Touch (Mac)

Posted March 11, 2009 at 12:58pm by iClarified · 83 comments · Add Comment
karrysony - August 4, 2010 at 4:10am
ipod to mac I got this one http://www.ipod-to-mac.com/
bgl - March 16, 2010 at 3:14am
i get to step 16, i type in ./configureand it will not do anything for me, it comes up with: checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for gawk... no checking for mawk... no checking for nawk... no checking for awk... awk checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no checking build system type... im not sure if u should see this or not... checking host system type... im not sure if u should see this or not... checking for style of include used by make... none checking for gcc... no checking for cc... no checking for cc... no checking for cl... no configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH wat do i do from here? wat have i done wrong? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
pelletierm8 - December 8, 2009 at 10:41pm
step 17: in pwnage there is no iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Custom_Restore.ipsw. we turn it into .zip at step 13: Select the iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Custom_Restore.ipsw then add a .zip to the end of the filename. You can rename files by pressing the Enter key with the file selected. so what to do!!! pease help.
d3athcricket - October 3, 2009 at 11:29am
whenever I get to step 16, I can only get past the comand ./configure. then when i try to type in make, it says: -bash: make: command not found. WHAT DO I DO? i've tried it over and over and over and it still doesn't work!! please help. Also when i type in ./configure, it doesn't seem to get as much info on the screen as it does on the tutorial..... it says new-host:~/Desktop/libusb-0.1.12 ianstarner$ ./configure checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for gawk... no checking for mawk... no checking for nawk... no checking for awk... awk checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0 checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0 checking for style of include used by make... none checking for gcc... no checking for cc... no checking for cc... no checking for cl... no configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH See `config.log' for more details. Please help!!
MatB - June 26, 2009 at 6:21am
I'm stuck at step 17. After inputting ( cd ~/Desktop/Pwnage/iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Custom_restore.ipsw/FIrmware/all_flash/all_flash.n72ap.production ) I get : Not a directory. That's the major problem. Inhibits me from completing the untethering. Please Reply.
KP - May 2, 2009 at 9:40am
My SHA1code is different it is"653fded91573a93b22ea84abedcdd2f7d32ccc7d"
KP - May 1, 2009 at 9:26pm
When I get to the enter "./rstype" I get an error that says "Bus error"
Adam - April 23, 2009 at 7:33pm
could you have not of saved everyone the time and made a downloadable folder with all the renamed files in it already? just seems kinda tedious. thanks anyway bro
Dan - April 16, 2009 at 9:46pm
Thanks for the tutorial, it works great at the first time, you just have to follow step by step and there is no problems at all. I am a newbie in OS X and Mac and I did it in no time.
mrbuzzy - April 13, 2009 at 4:18pm
Ok, so im stuck at step 19...just like a few others haha, my problem starts at this step: "If iTunes pops up with a recovery mode message just ignore it for now." My itunes does pop up but I don't understand the ignoring part...so i just dont do anything and continue. So then the next step is this: "Once the program executes and exits type ./rslite into the Terminal window and press Enter" I dont understand the executes and exists?? then the next step says that my ipod will be detected again?? i dont get whats going on....
richard - April 29, 2009 at 4:43pm
itunes should say it has detected an ipod in recovery mode, just hit ok or cancel... whichever makes you not do anything.. and executes and exits or what ever means finishes and closes..
Prev 1 of 6 Next