We've received thousands of complements, suggestions, and a few bug reports since the release of Path Finder 5.0 and we have been updating the application as fast as possible to get everything just right. Almost every feature has been optimized for CPU and memory usage to ensure rock solid stability and performance. The result is the best version of Path Finder ever.
No one likes to wait months to get software updates, we try our best to get new features and improvements in customers hands as fast as possible. We've been releasing almost two updates per month and will continue on this schedule for the foreseeable future.
Path Finder is a file manager that looks and operates much like the Finder, but with many extra features and enhancements. Path Finder is optimized for single window use, eliminating the clutter of overlapping windows.
* List, Icon, Column, Coverflow views like the Finder but with Coverflow available in any configuration
* Tabbed file browsing
* Dual pane browsing
* Animated Sidebar for your volumes, shares, recent documents and favorite places
* Drop Stack - Drag and Drop files to the stack, then navigate to new location, then drag off
* Path Navigator - Displays the current path and you can click on any folder name to quickly navigate
* Quicklook window - Hit space bar to display a quick preview of a file
* Super fast File List filtering
* Size Browser - Find which files are using the most space in a file hierarchy
* Bookmarks Bar - Put favorite folders here and view item contents using a popup menu.
* Selection tool to select files using various criteria
* Customizable Contextual Menus
* Search features to search volumes using Spotlight or traditional directory searching
* Go to Folder Shortcut to jump directly to a typed path
* Quick Application Launcher
* Shows Hidden Files and opens packages
* Integrated tools like an Image Converter, Subversion Client, Preview Pane, Terminal, Disk Burning
* Modify attributes, permissions, labels, comments and more
* Integrated Stuffit Compression Engine - compress and decompress nearly every archive format
English, Japanese, French, German, Taiwanese, Dutch, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Italian and Russian
Pricing and Availability:
Path Finder 5.0 can be purchased for $39.95 (USD), and available as a full-featured, try before you buy 30-day demo. Owners of Path Finder 4 may upgrade for $19.95 USD. You can purchase Path Finder within the application using the built-in secure purchasing system.