What is 1Password?
* The most popular password manager for Mac OS X and iPhone (according to MacUpdate, VersionTracker and iUseThis ratings)
* Winner of Best of Show Award at Macworld Expo 2009
* A Macworld magazine "Mac Gem", rated 4.5 out of 5 and nominated for a Macworld Readers' Choice Award
* Provides the ability to sync your Mac passwords with your iPhone/iPod touch
* The only password manager with integrated Anti-Phishing Technology
* An automatic form filler with support for credit cards and multiple identities
* A highly secure database to keep track of logins, secure notes, identities, credit cards, bank accounts, and software registration information
What is new in this release?
1Password 2.9.16 contains a new WiFi Sync feature that makes it both easier and even more secure for iPhone and iPod touch owners to bring their personal data on-the-go. The new feature solves firewall conflicts and provides more power to users who need to customize syncing preferences. 1Password 2.9.16 also has tools to handle syncing conflicts if they arise, and 1Password touch 2.0 for iPhone and iPod touch, a free upgrade soon to arrive in the iTunes App Store, is required to harness these features.
In addition to a brand new WiFi sync feature, 1Password 2.9.16 allows users to unlock their Agile Keychain from the command line. Further, an improvement to 1Password's auto-update feature prevents user data from being accidentally deleted by application uninstallation utilities. The full detailed changelog for this release can be found on the 1Password site.
Pricing and Availability:
A Single User license is available for $39.95 (USD) and a five user Family License for $59.95 (USD). 1Password may be downloaded for free from the Downloads page. A fully functional 30-day trial version is available, along with a free version limited to 20 items. Special media licenses are available for members of the press and the blogging community upon request.