Sporting a modern, clear interface, Cadent wineCellar stores the entire collection in a single file which is portable to other computers. It enables wine tasters to view their collection as an interactive hierarchical chart, as a list, as well as thumbnail pictures, each reflective of the other, and all categorized through easy-to-use selectors. Quickly generate a "buy list" for the next trip to the wine store.
Easily search and retrieve wine information by using multiple selectors. Narrow a search by country, varietal and vineyard, as well as the location where each wine is stored. With an (optional) internet connection, users can conveniently research the web to find more information for any given wine. Cadent provides aficionados a sample database and screencasts as a handy guide to quickly learn and explore the many features wineCellar offers.
* View wine information as thumbnails, list, or search hierarchy
* Interactive, hierarchical graph for browsing collection
* Search and retrieve information using multiple selectors to narrow a search
* Store photos of wine labels in the database
* Quickly generate a "buy list" for the next trip to the wine store
* Quickly determine which wines are drinkable or have expired
* Entire collection is stored in a single, portable file
* Provide the location where each wine is stored
* With an internet connection, research to find more information on the web for any given wine
* Store up to 2000 wine entries
Version 2.0 is a major update and includes many new feature enhancements. Among wineCellar's most prolific features is its ability to sync user's wine entries to the company's new synchronization service, Cadent Cloud. wineCellar 2.0 will allow a user to create an account in the Cadent Cloud and then to sync wine entries to the cloud. Changes made to cloud entries will synchronize back to the application on the next sync invocation.
Users can access their wine entries in the cloud via two web sites: one aimed at desktops, and one aimed at mobile devices. Both web sites use https (secure sockets layer) to keep login credentials and data private. The mobile site is kept minimalist to be fast and efficient for all mobile devices which support https connections (i.e. smart phones, PalmPre, and iPhone).
Pricing and Availability:
Cadent wineCellar 2.0 is only $25.00 (USD) and is available as a full featured download. The 30-day trial is limited to 100 wines with no access to Cadent Cloud. Registering allows for 2000 wine entries. Cloud allows for 500 wine entries to be uploaded/synchronized. The first year of Cadent Cloud use comes free with the purchase of wineCellar 2.0, with a $15.00 (USD) subscription fee for each subsequent year. wineCellar 2.0 is a free upgrade for all wineCellar 1.x owners.