iOS 8 delivers a simpler, faster and more intuitive user experience with new Messages and Photos features, predictive typing for Apple’s QuickType keyboard and Family Sharing. iOS 8 also includes the new Health app, giving you a clear overview of your health and fitness data and iCloud Drive, so you can store files and access them from anywhere. With more than 4,000 new APIs, iOS 8 allows developers to further customize the user experience with major extensibility features and robust frameworks such as HealthKit and HomeKit.
Here's a look at some of the new features which will be available in iOS 8:
● Continuity, Handoff, AirDrop, Instant Hotspot
● iCloud Drive
● Family Sharing
● Photos, Camera
● Mail, Safari
● Third-Party Keyboards
● Interactive Notifications, Contact Shortcuts
Click here for direct iOS 8 firmware download links:
● iPhone Firmware Download Links
● iPad Firmware Download Links
● iPod Firmware Download Links
Before updating you should backup your device. You can do this to iCloud via iOS or to your computer via iTunes:
● How to Backup Your iPhone to iCloud Using iOS
● How to Manually Backup Your iPhone Using iTunes
If you don't know how, here are instructions on updating to iOS 8 via Software Update.
● How to Update Your iPhone to the Latest Version of iOS Using Software Update
Let us know what you think of the new firmware in the comments!
Also, please follow iClarified on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or RSS for more Apple news and tutorials.