iPhone Dev-Team Releases RedSn0w Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS

iPhone Dev-Team Releases RedSn0w Jailbreak for iPhone 3GS

Posted July 7, 2009 at 11:23am by iClarified · 53 comments · Add Comment
ilayn - August 4, 2009 at 11:06am
Hi V0.8 keeps crashing when asked to move into recovery mode. It does a lightning across my iphone screen and then iphone restarts without rebooting nor jailbroken. Anyone with advise? Have tried multiple times.
paul - July 14, 2009 at 8:23am
I accidently upgraded through i tunes before using redsnow. Redsnow keeps crashing during the reboot process is there any way to downgrade the firm where and reinstall the iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore firmware?? I tried installing it but am getting an error stating firmware is not compatible if anyone knows how to fix it i would be highly appreciative since i already F&^%'d up. Thanks
juankarlos - July 14, 2009 at 11:33am
Wich Iphone do you have ? 3G or 3GS ? if you have the last one go here and follow instructions, the firmware it's also here: https://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4448
brikz - October 6, 2009 at 10:01pm
i'm in the same boat looking for help
JC - July 8, 2009 at 3:00pm
Hey Guys, this works !!! just a quick note to report after two days using it, i have had several call drops, is it anybody having this problem? i have the 3GS using it overseas !!! thanks for any help ...
boyet - July 7, 2009 at 7:12pm
WOW thank you guys for this everything is working for me tmobile internet wifi all working thank you....
eddie - July 7, 2009 at 4:24pm
i been trying all day and the jailbreak stays stuck on rebooting any idea :(
gumby - July 7, 2009 at 8:58pm
mines did that when i installed winterboard through icy...did it again without icy..works fine
Bill Gates - July 7, 2009 at 4:05pm
Today is a happy happy day. I am so happy its unbelievable My iPhone 3GS was sitting in its box claustrophobic this whole time, I finally took him out of hibernation, now hes jailbroken and ready to experience the world :) happy happy day owe it all the the dev team
iPhoneQuestions09 - July 7, 2009 at 3:40pm
so you can use redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak a iPhone 3G??
brikz - July 7, 2009 at 3:57pm
if it is on 3.0 yes
Jose - October 6, 2009 at 8:42pm
esta muy bien
brikz - July 7, 2009 at 3:39pm
Seems like all you have to do if you already have installed the custom firmware is run redsnow and it's that easy. Why to use dev team over purplera1n? I had a lot of apps that i downloaded from cydia crash the phone and put it into safe mode, and installed with redsnow they don't. irealquicksms,
Jay - July 7, 2009 at 6:47pm
Mobile Substrate? That's what my only guess would be. I found it very weird that the Dev-Team would chose now to release their jailbreak after saying "we are going to wait until 3.1". Crock? Hmm, now that Saurik has updated MS(not microsoft(N)), and winterboard works, AS WELL AS ALL THE OTHER APPS THAT DEPENDED ON MS(once again not meaning microsoft), including iRealSMS and biteSMS(odly it did seeing that I think this was one of the best 3rd sms apps on the phone), the devteam releases their jailbreak. Crock? No, I say "Not wanting GeoHotz to get all the credit for finding the exploit. Again." But hey, thanks for the jailbreak anyways.
Nick - July 7, 2009 at 3:04pm
If it stays stuck on the reboot process, hold down the sleep and home button until the iPhone shuts off, then let go of the buttons, wait a few seconds, and then press the sleep button to turn it on. If it works fine after that and it is jailbroken don't worry about it, if it doesn't work then reinstall the firmware and try again. Nothing is perfect and there will be a few instances where the jailbreak process won't go correctly, it's happened to me many times.
Chris - July 7, 2009 at 2:54pm
MINE TOO STAYS STUCK ON WAITING FOR IPHONE TO REBOOT.
brent - July 11, 2009 at 3:20am
Mine stayed in the authorize mode as well, until I switched off the 3g mode if you're on t-moblie. Then it works just fine.
Me - June 30, 2012 at 5:05am