Enhanced User Experience, More Tasks:
The new version offers an enhanced user experience, including an animated system menu icon similar to Apple's Time Machine to show when tasks are running, and Growl notifications to inform when tasks complete. The new version also offers more system tasks, such as force restarting unresponsive applications, as well as network tasks such as restarting the Airport card when working on unreliable wireless networks.
First Commercial Release:
MainMenu 2 marks the first commercial release since the company acquired MainMenu from Santa Software in May 2009. Philipp Mayerhofer, Chief Operational Officer at Dare to be Creative, believes MainMenu 2 will be well received by users. "MainMenu 2 provides quick and convenient access to system tasks, and complements our popular line of system applications."
* Clean up your Mac by running daily, weekly and monthly maintenance scripts
* Improve system performance by disabling the Dashboard, repairing disk privileges and rebuilding the Spotlight database
* Free up disk space by clearing log files, removing temporary files and flushing caches
* Run many system tasks at once in batch mode
* Growl notifications to let you know when tasks complete
Pricing and Availability:
MainMenu is $20 (USD), and available as a free download from the MainMenu website. It runs initially in a 15-day trial mode with all features active.