Playback is engineered for extreme performance, while at the same time delivering a streamlined design with unparalleled reliability and stability. By default, it will share almost any content on the users system. And Playback automatically integrates with iTunes, iPhoto, and Aperture too, making it a perfect complement to Apple's iLife Suite. Users can share all content from these applications transparently or choose specific playlists and albums.
Those who like to tinker will appreciate Playback's built-in Access Control List (ACL) and bandwidth throttling. The ACL allows users to control which devices have access to their media. Bandwidth throttling limits the transfer rate from the computer to their UPnP device. This allows others on the network to do other internet related activities, such as surf the web and check their email.
Playback was engineered for extreme speed, while offering complete control of shared content. Media is served via lighttpd, the same rock-solid technology that powers YouTube, Wikipedia, and many other popular sites. Playback sports many creature comforts as well, including Growl notifications, Spotlight based searching, on-screen thumbnails (powered by QuickLook), and much more. Playback even includes a handy Status menu which conveniently displays live stream info, at-a-glance.
* Streamlined design
* Unparalleled performance and stability
* Share movies, music, and pictures
* Transparent integration with iTunes, iPhoto, and Aperture
* Complete control of shared content
* Spotlight based searching
* Quicklook thumbnails for all media
* Bandwidth throttling
* ACL access
* Growl notifications
* Status menu with live stream info
What's changed in 1.0.1:
* New: added Adobe Lightroom integration
* New: added Photobooth integration
* New: added support for .ts and .m2ts files
* New: added option to see all files and folders in shared folders
* New: low level tweaks for even faster and smoother performance during streams
* Fixed: a bug where Playback would stop responding
* Fixed: a bug that wouldn't play song in order on the XBOX
* Fixed: other performance / interface improvements and bug fixes
Pricing and Availability:
Playback 1.0.1 is offered at the Introductory price of $15.00 (USD) for three (3) licenses, and can be purchased from the Yazsoft website. A free 7 day demo is also available for download.