January 29, 2023
Apple Posts Anti-Jailbreak Support Document

Apple Posts Anti-Jailbreak Support Document

Posted July 31, 2009 at 1:21am · 34 comments · Add Comment
George
George - July 31, 2009 at 10:50am
After i jailbroke my iphone my arms got shorter and my p---k got longer go figure i bought another one. Now i have a second job for the military has a deep sea diver. without a wet suit BING!!!! IT's all B.S Get the point
Alain
Alain - July 31, 2009 at 10:40am
I dont really think Apple is lying ( not tell the truth ). It's why i havent done yet. But most of all because i can't afford buying a new one if it jailbreak becomes Failbreak ;) For sure, thoose modifications introduce holes in security possibility. For most users doing it , it's invisible. They are paranoid for their computer, internet connexion, but strangely Not for their iPhone. Please, could you give me some reason it is something to do ? just more free apps ? in counterparts i admit i'll do JB when i'll buy the 3GS ( 4 monthes) ;)
mz
mz - August 1, 2009 at 6:52pm
I hate to call you out bro, but YOU = FAIL. You have just allowed Apple to accomplish exactly what it wanted, spread fear uncertainty, and doubt to scare people like away from jailbreak, mainly to keep AT&T happy. I could go into the reasons why what Apple is saying is complete and utter bullshit, but you can easily find that information anywhere jailbreak is mentioned. As for the security issue, THAT IS AN APPLE FLAW! If the phone was soo secure, then why can we jailbreak in the first place? Plus by jailbreaking, you can add apps that actually enhance the security of your phone that you wouldnt be able to do otherwise on a stock iPhone. Finally, even if you somehow find a way to screw up your phone (which is kinda hard to do), all you have to do is restore through iTunes and your phone is back to the state it was when you bought it, and not even Apple could tell it was jailbroken. In a sense, the only way for you to actually break your phone is if Apple INTENTIONALLY broke it through a future firmware update. However, this would take big balls from Apple to pull off cuz it will piss of too many people. Additionally, I bet if you waited a few days to update, someone will find a new hack to prevent any damage to your device. So ill i can say is stick to a stock iPhone if you want, but your definitely missing out.
psychposse
psychposse - July 31, 2009 at 10:24am
Bogus. They should be showing solid evidence before they post a scare like this. I agree with it being a disclaimer for them. My phone crashed/froze all too often before the J/B now after the J/B I have yet to have a crash or freeze up. Apps sometimes have issues regardless of the phone being J/B - it is just a matter of time for the creator to send out a fix. Battery life reduced? I suppose so because now we can use it more freely and well yeah, it gets used more. Dropped calls? Poor phone service? This is nothing new with ATT - they are the worst service provider I have ever had (I have been with many carriers over the years). So often I am in areas where I have absolutely no signal from ATT but my friends have a good signal on their Verizon phone. Hmmmm.. This has nothing at all to do with freeing up MY phone so that I can use it FREELY since I OWN IT. Thanks for the great product Steve Jobs but back off on the communist control.
Gurkha
Gurkha - July 31, 2009 at 9:01am
Few things, as JB users, we all should know and understand that modifying anything outside it's design parameters poses risk. You hack it, you could break it. This applies to windows, Linux, OSX, iPhones etc. As a JB user, I have had 1 issue since starting JB on the 3G. And it was stupid user error, an error I did and I accepted, I restored and rehacked, no problems since. Dropped calls, my wifes iPhone is not hacked, drops calls as much as I do. Battery drain, can't say but seems normal. Push, MobileMe, stocks, etc , all work fine. App store fine. IPod fine. This is simply a disclaimer by apple saying we told you so, do when someone who shouldn't be hacking is and they brick their phone and bring it god service.
Gurkha
Gurkha - July 31, 2009 at 9:05am
This is simply a disclaimer by apple saying we told you so, so when someone who shouldn't be hacking is and they brick their phone and bring it in for service, apple can tell them to shove off. (corrected)
i_Hot
i_Hot - July 31, 2009 at 9:00am
I had used iPhone 2G FW 1.1.4, jailbroke and unlocked with iLiberty, upgraded to FW.2.2. I also had iPhone 3G, FW 2.2/2.2.1;factory unlock, jailbroken (no need to unlock) and I do NOT had battery problems at all. I full restore both the old iphones to FW 3.0 and get battery life shorten/drain problem. Now, I have iphone 3G S and keep it unjailbreak for more than 2 weeks now, but the battery life are more or less just the same shorten/drain. So, I conclude that the problem is the OS 3.0 not the jailbreak
Gongstar
Gongstar - July 31, 2009 at 7:15am
Sour grapes. My iPhone was locked for 4 months till the Dev-team hactivated it. My fone works fine thank you.
Ramses
Ramses - July 31, 2009 at 6:07am
morons indeed. they know nothing
cmpn76
cmpn76 - July 31, 2009 at 5:09am
Quite funny that the 1st gen iPhone is not affected.
foyamoon
foyamoon - July 31, 2009 at 5:26am
''iPhone, iPod touch, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (2nd generation)''
apple-is-of-morons
apple-is-of-morons - July 31, 2009 at 3:20am
So they trying to blame everyone but themselces for thier crapy software... lame
Chas
Chas - July 31, 2009 at 3:15am
Apple must think that there are some really stupid people out there. Although come to think of it...