Letter Opener Features:
* Treat attachments within a winmail.dat file like other attachments
* Convert Events, Appointments and Tasks for iCal
* Convert Contacts for Address Book
* Nested Message Handling
* Convert Notes for Mail
* Convert Delivery receipts and read receipts
* Update Checker: Letter Opener checks for the latest available update at startup
* Fully supports Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), 10.4 (Tiger) and 10.3 (Panther)
Microsoft Outlook doesn't send any plain text information for contacts, so usually the only way to transfer a contact is using a vCard. With Letter Opener, contact data within winmail.dat can be extracted and saved with a single click. Microsoft Outlook sends calendar items as plain text. But it is not very Mac-like to copy and paste this into iCal. Letter Opener converts these items directly so they appear as sent from another Mac user. When receiving winmail.dat files as email attachments from Microsoft Outlook users, nothing is so seamlessly and conveniently integrated into Apple Mail as Letter Opener.
More info about the winmail.dat format:
winmail.dat files are sent form Microsoft Outlook or Exchange Server. Some winmail.dat files only contain information used by Outlook to generate a richly formatted view of the message, such as embedded documents or Outlook-specific features such as meeting requests, versit card information, notes and messages forwarded as attachments. Other winmail.dat files may contain files which have been attached to an e-mail message. See the Wikipedia website for more info.
Pricing and Availability:
Letter Opener 2.2 is priced at 19.99 EUR for a single-user license. It is a 9.99 EUR upgrade for all version 1.x customers.