Nowadays, more and more people own digital cameras, and these cameras often have 10 megapixel sensors. As a 10 megapixel image is roughly as good as a 300 dpi US-Letter scan, using a digital camera for scanning documents is an easy way to save room and money.
What's new in version 1.1?
* State of the art OCR technology
* 10 languages available (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and Norwegian)
* Adjustable grid for easily selecting the text to be recognized
* Result preview (interactive text skimming of recognized text areas)
* Several file types for saving the results (PDF, RTF, TXT)
* Spotlight indexable results
* Snow Leopard compatibility
Prizmo also has other convenient functions:
* Direct browsing of camera content, and of iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom libraries
* Lens distortion correction
* Perspective correction
* Real time preview of extracted image
* Guessing of optimal DPI for current image/grid configuration
* Brightness, contrast, sharpness and saturation tuning
* Smart Binarization for even improved output resolution
* Collaborative sharing of camera calibration data
* Clean and user-friendly interface
Pricing and Availability
Prizmo 1.x costs $39.95 (USD), and is available in English, French and German on Creaceed's website. A time-unlimited trial version is available. The demo version generates watermarked JPG, PNG and TIFF files. OCR results can be previewed within the application.
Media licenses are available for members of the press upon request.