December 9, 2022

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone, iPod Using BlackRa1n [Mac]

Posted October 14, 2009 at 12:12am · 84 comments · Add Comment
Pablo Garcés
Pablo Garcés - December 13, 2009 at 1:38pm
This is a good one for you all (hopefully someone can help me). So my iPhone has been dead for months. Bought it abroad unlocked and jailbroken. I installed 3.1 by accident directly from iTunes and it died (got nothing but the itunes icon and usb cable image). I used blackra1n and now I have an overpriced iPod Touch! It is better than nothing and I am very thankful but I cannot unlock the iPhone since the blackra1n icon does not appear on my desktop. Finally I get passed that screen and somethings work but I'd like my phone back. Does anyone know what I could do? Help will be greatly appreciated. (by the way, I have a mac and when I used blackra1n "iTunes could not connect to this iPhone because an unknown error occurred OXE8000065") Thanks in advance!
Drew
Drew - January 17, 2010 at 6:30pm
Did you get your problem figured out?
qoz
qoz - November 14, 2009 at 10:18pm
I've successfully flash the Blackra1n but it seems I can't download the Cydia or Rock ... it only downloads 1% and get stuck.. then it shows "Error: Timed out" .. does my IP has been blocked or what ? :( btw, i'm using iPod 3.2.1 HELP !
holy
holy - November 12, 2009 at 3:25am
i clicked "make it rain" etc and the pop up massage appeared, but the screen is not changing to GeoHot's picture... and it's not rebooting! am i doing it wrong or something? sorry if i'm such a newb :(
@Levski
@Levski - November 9, 2009 at 11:07am
Possible solution to GPS, WiFi, Youtube problems. What I did is, I put my original O2 SIM card and restored my iPhone 3GS with iTunes to factory settings. Then I jailbreaked wih BlackRa1n (still with O2 SIM) and unlocked with BlackSn0w. i checked to see if all is working - YES. After that i just replaced the SIM with "unsupported" SIM that I use. All is working: WiFi, GPS and Youtube without any problem. Hope this helps.
Rog
Rog - November 3, 2009 at 9:44pm
Fisrt of all, thank you geohot!!! You saved my iPhone! Everyhting was OK, the JB and the unlock, mu iPhone working perfectly.....but i have a problem: my GPS is not working, it can't locate anything. Does anyone also have this problem? Any solution? Thanks
waleed shannik
waleed shannik - November 3, 2009 at 6:01am
hello... i updated my iphone into 3.0 to 3.1.2 and i have a problem now when i use redsnow to jailbreak it's not working please help me
Sean
Sean - October 26, 2009 at 5:06am
I successfully jailbroke my phone that was on 3.1.2, but for some reason I do not have MMS support, anyone know why?
Shyaam
Shyaam - November 3, 2009 at 4:02am
Yea same with me my mms isn't working but It costed $5
Super
Super - December 18, 2009 at 5:49pm
Man if you know can you help me too. I have been looking online for any post, but I guess the 3G 3.1.2 can send but not receive MMS. There is a fix for the 2G but I dont see anything for the 3G
Zetroi
Zetroi - October 24, 2009 at 7:59am
My brand new 3GS, 3.1.2, doesn't reboot and stays on recovery mode at the end of the process, even if blackra1n says that the jailbreak is done. Is it because of the new boot rom iBoot-359.3.2?
Ryan Erwin
Ryan Erwin - October 25, 2009 at 5:47am
Same issue for me. Running Hong Kong version of the iPhone 3GS (official, factory unlocked). My iPhone wasn't booting properly, so I launched it in DFU mode, then started blackra1n. Blackrain says it worked properly, but has been stuck on the shutdown screen for 10 minutes now with the hourglass continuously spinning.
shyaam
shyaam - October 26, 2009 at 4:02am
umm. you guys, as ive said have itunes 9 and blackra1n open with your device on STOCK apple firmware 3.1.2 and have your device on like normal. It will work
Zetroi
Zetroi - October 26, 2009 at 2:54pm
Solved! Just use the new version of Blackra1n.
taolin96
taolin96 - November 25, 2009 at 6:58am
Zetroi, you need to click "make it ra1n" after the first jailbreak
Qrandky
Qrandky - October 21, 2009 at 1:56am
Try this, it might work for you, it did work for me and managed to JB the iPhone 3G with no problems. And after fiddling with it many times. Switch off your phone. Get iTunes started. Have black rain application running Plug in phone to PC Switch on phone While phone is booting up And just when you notice that itunes is dedecting your phone click on make it rain. Worked for me, can try it if you wanna
Shyaam
Shyaam - October 19, 2009 at 8:13pm
Lol you guys you do know a notepad file comes with the download. It might tell you what went wrong. Oh and it is the fastest jailbreak ever and you also have to have iTunes open when you do it