February 21, 2024

How to Unlock Your iPhone with ZiPhone GUI (Windows)
Comments (Page 2)

Posted February 12, 2008 at 4:34pm · 102 comments · Add Comment
keets28
keets28 - February 14, 2008 at 10:34pm
@orchid did you install bsd subsytem b4 intalling apps?
orchid
orchid - February 14, 2008 at 9:41pm
did this exact method two times, it works for the most part, but when i start to install apps i get the spinning ring of death, the spring board wont load and i have restore the phone, balls
Jomes
Jomes - February 14, 2008 at 12:45pm
Well...But I think this isn´t what the turorial says exactly. Thanks.
myphone
myphone - February 14, 2008 at 12:29pm
Jomes: First connect the iPhone to PC. ITunes will detect your phone.If you see any sync message on your phone Just wait for few mints to complete. Then Just hold down Sleep/Wake and Home button together until u see the Cable/iTune Logo in your iPhone. U'll see the "Slide to Power OFf", wait for few sec You'll see logo in mentioned in Step 4.
Jomes
Jomes - February 14, 2008 at 11:08am
"Step Four You must put your iPhone into recovery mode. To do this please hold down both the Sleep/Wake for 3 seconds" Don´t understad it. Help down "both" only the sleep/wake bottom?
Pham
Pham - February 14, 2008 at 10:36am
Springboard is over 16 icons and It may kick the INSTALLER icon to next page , I don't see the 3 dot "..." for next page. I have 1.1.2 firmware..w/o Installer icon I can't upgrade nothing .. Help, Thanks
gustavo Zanon
gustavo Zanon - February 14, 2008 at 10:30am
I have an iphone version 1.1.2 and when I use the ZiPhone Gui i can´t make or receive phone calls, I can´t install the I world either ! what can I do ?
dany66
dany66 - February 14, 2008 at 9:52am
I Have community source 3.5. No way to get BSD Subs. installed..
myphone
myphone - February 14, 2008 at 9:33am
Reposting with some changes: I have iphone (1.1.2 OTB), I folowed "https://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461" link and able to complete the process. I was able to use my iphone with existing ATT contract. Now I want to unlock it using ZiPhone GUI (Windows) , Can I use that? I was able to follow up till step 7. In the Step 8 last line in the message window there a last step "searching for Iphone.. " message.. I am NOT able to see this message in my process. Can you tell me whether I am can able to do that.. or not. or any other process to unlock my phone.
myphone
myphone - February 14, 2008 at 9:32am
I have iphone (1.1.2 OTB), I folowed "https://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461" link and able to complete the process. I was able to use my iphone with existing ATT contract. Now I want to unlock it using ZiPhone GUI (Windows) , Can I use that? I was able to follow up till step 7. In the Step 8 last line in the message window there a last step "searching for Iphone.. " message.. I am able to see this message in the process. Can you tell me whether I am able to do that.. or not. or any other process to unlock my phone.
Jansher
Jansher - February 14, 2008 at 8:58am
well i love this site but if you problem free one click unlock with being stuck just use the one on iphone.unlock.no
iClarified
iClarified - February 14, 2008 at 8:50am
You need to update or install community sources. Make sure you clear the Installer queue before you do that!
dany
dany - February 14, 2008 at 2:30am
no more possibility to install Packages through installer.... Had a 1.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked phone. Updated to 1.1.3 with itunes, jailbroken, activated and unlocked with MacOSX Ziphone2. All perfect....apart the fact that now there is no more possibility to install Packages through installer: every attempt (with any package) gives a download package error at the end of the downloading process. Any idea???
Rey
Rey - February 14, 2008 at 1:58am
Yeah g3 i have same problem: i cannot install BSD and OpenSSH the Iclarified send me a message then..... but still i cannot understand sorry.......... i world also is error failed to install? can somebody help me? Br i need some steps or tricks tia
Armero
Armero - February 14, 2008 at 1:58am
Abdul, i'm on 04-03-13-G, I think because my firmware was 1.1.1, I don't know , don't do anything for this, .........Keets28, I'm in Mexico, and everything is fine with my carrier (telcel), i don't install nothing for recognize. ............good luck........
g3
g3 - February 14, 2008 at 1:39am
Hi there So i ran ziphone on a restore 1.1.2 otb 4.6 bl after that i was going to install bsd and openssh for me to to patch i world. but after the appsnap downloads the apps there is an error that always pops up!
keets28
keets28 - February 14, 2008 at 1:35am
not sure but don't try it on your new phone. i know it's not for 4.6bl, if you want the 03 modem then the new tutorial is the only way for now
Abdul
Abdul - February 14, 2008 at 1:26am
Hi keets28, thanks for pointing this out. Coud you please explain what is iErase BL 3.9 baseband option in ziPhone 2.0 application? Thanks again!
keets28
keets28 - February 14, 2008 at 1:14am
Abdul see the turorial section just came out with bl downgrade with .03 bb be careful though
Abdul
Abdul - February 14, 2008 at 1:12am
hi Armero, Congratulations! By the way what is your modem firmware (baseband)? Mine is 04.02.13_G. How can I get to 04.03.13_G. I have an 16GB OTB 1.1.3 phone. Thanks.
keets28
keets28 - February 14, 2008 at 1:11am
@armero where are you from? just curious if you had to use appsupport for you phone to work.
Armero
Armero - February 14, 2008 at 1:08am
My iphone is a 3.9 bl, 1.1.1 firmware original. I was trouble upgraded the firmware 1.1.1 to 1.1.3, because get error on restores. But, MY SOLUTION was: restore in windows a clean update and upgrade 1.1.3. Later used directly the ziphone v2.0 for jailbreak and activate. then run again for unlock and verbose. and now i have a 1.1.3 unlocked iphone working great!!! youtube is working good, maps, iTunes, weather, MSM, safari is ok!! Maybe the direction is clear: Update with iTune directly to 1.1.3 ANY iphone and then use the ziphone app v2.0 and everything is ok. BTW. i unlocked, jailbreak and activated 3 iphones with 1.1.2 OTB in 15 minutes with the first ziphone v1.0 is very easy. i has trouble with the firmware 1.1.1 but, now have a easy way! Thanks alot Zibri, i will donate soon for you and your great work. .
keets28
keets28 - February 13, 2008 at 11:16pm
wax you got to run with -v to get around the logo problem.
Wax Revenge
Wax Revenge - February 13, 2008 at 11:08pm
Bah Humbug - v2 NOT Recommended! Tried on a fresh 1.1.3 OOTB, was very careful to use iTunes 7.5 and kill the iTunesHelper.exe. Ran from the command line with ‘ziphone -a -j –u’ and now I just have the Apple logo bonanza. Balls!
Rey
Rey - February 13, 2008 at 10:45pm
HI to all!!! Congrats! Nice work!!! I have a problem,..i need help! im here at Philippines........I have done successful at gui jailbreak-activate-Unlock and verbose boot..... the problem now is that when im going to install BSD subsystem - OpenSSH and iWorld it says Package download Fail! error......... I have set the wifi ok and auto-lock to never i can surf at safari.............like yahoo and google. but only i cannot install that three....pls help!!!
Abdul
Abdul - February 13, 2008 at 10:16pm
I've an OTB 1.1.3 16GB, I unlocked it 5 days ago using old method but then restored 1.1.3 using itunes and unlocked using this tutorial. My question is that why my modem firmware version is 04.02.13_G? Shouldn't it be 04.03.13_G? Please help, thanks a bunch for all your work.
Arvind
Arvind - February 13, 2008 at 9:11pm
Hi Victor, Can you write down step by step wht u did since i was facing the same problem as what you did please ?
Matt
Matt - February 13, 2008 at 5:34pm
i freshly upgraded to 1.1.3, then followed instructions, now im stuck at wait 45'' and i cant use my phone, please I NEED HELP!!
soso
soso - February 13, 2008 at 5:16pm
COULD ANYONE GIVE A LINK FOR ZiPhone INSTAD OF RAPIDSHARE ?? AND WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD BSD SUBSYSTEM I HAD MESSAGE ( ERROR ) MANY MANY TIMES >>
Victor
Victor - February 13, 2008 at 4:58pm
I am not sure what ziphone v1.2 does that is different from the file that can be downloaded from here; http://rapidshare.com/files/91372036/Zi ... _.zip.html However what I do know is that that version of ziphone worked perfectly for me. Have got everything installed and its working perfectly. (had to add iworld to get SMS and the phone key pad to work). The only thing I still need to figure out is WAP and Edge. My advise.., be safe and use the above link. You will have a working Iphone in your hands within minutes! Thanks Geohot, zibri and everyone else who has contributed to this fix!!
yusuf_khan077
yusuf_khan077 - February 13, 2008 at 1:48pm
i hav downloaded the 2.0 but its now runing i get a message "this application has failed to strart because the application confrigation is incorrect.reinstaling the application may fix the problem"....i am using a windows xp and i dont hav itunes ...so what the problem any help guys...
yusuf_khan077
yusuf_khan077 - February 13, 2008 at 1:26pm
now 2.0is avaiable hows that >>?? any 1 tried it??
alex_dlc
alex_dlc - February 13, 2008 at 11:03am
new ziphone v1.2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tomjol
tomjol - February 13, 2008 at 7:32am
Whatever I did, this wouldn't work on a brand new 8GB (literally within 25 minutes of walking out of the store). The original command-line ZiPhone worked like a charm though, after much resetting to get back into recovery mode (as others have said, do a couple of hard resets THEN hold Home and connect it up).
Max
Max - February 13, 2008 at 7:18am
Victor, The problem of the apple logo is with Ziphone 1.1, now there is a link to the ziphone 1.0 but I didnt use it. I just installed the version from http://iphone.unlock.no/ and it work for me (i guess is a variant of the ziphone 1.0). Is very friendly because of the image while doing the step by step. The hard part for me was to get the recovery status of the iphone (i tried almost 10 times). When I execute the procedure the Itunes was opened.
alexprado
alexprado - February 13, 2008 at 5:46am
Thanks ZIBRI. Thanks for ZIPHONE. Its very easy. Its very good.
wombat
wombat - February 13, 2008 at 5:22am
When iClarified says in this tutorial there may be a problem with the GUI Version, then so be it. But I still believe it's because you guys out there do not follow the instructions STRICTLY. Additionally the tutorial should include: a) CLOSE iTunes. b) for Windows: Ctrl-Alt-DEL to get to the Task list. c) Process: STOP the Process iTunesHelper.EXE. Then follow the itutorial.here (or the DOS Version with ZiPhone 1.0)
wombat
wombat - February 13, 2008 at 5:16am
@Victor: THE APPLE LOGO PROBLEM: Although I used ZiPhone 1.0 I originally had the same problem. FIRST of ALL Ensure that ITunes is NOT running. STOP the Process iTUNES Helper. THen: It's just a matter of placing the Phone in RESTORE MODE whilst NOT connected to PC. THEN start the ZiPhone SW, using the commands you need (ziPhone - u or whatever), the DAT File is searched for and when the message appears, "looking for iPhone etc", HOLD the HOME Button and THEN connect your USB to the PC. This worked just FINE. It took no more that 2,5 mins every time ;-))
bionda
bionda - February 13, 2008 at 4:56am
I've used the 1.0 version of ZiPhone to jailbreak and unlock my otb 1.1.2 Now how do I upgrade it to 1.1.3? The 1.1.3 jailbreak upgrade method doesn't seem to work.. The ibrickr 1.1.3 don't recognise my iphone as jailbroken when I try to run it.. Please help me someone...
iphoneman
iphoneman - February 13, 2008 at 12:36am
hi, i used ziphone and all went well, but i'm still on 404.02.13_G. i tried using the iclarified tutorial to update my 3.9 BL Baseband to 04.03.13_G, but I get a mainscript error... Someone please help me!