How to Jailbreak Your iPhone with ZiPhone GUI (Windows)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone with ZiPhone GUI (Windows)

ron - January 6, 2010 at 6:25am
does this work with ipod touchs too? (3g, 3.1.2)
pri - September 26, 2008 at 11:52pm
how long does it take to find iphone ... after it goes in rocovery mode....???
iMaNewJailbreakr - June 19, 2008 at 10:55pm
My Iphone is Vers. 1.1.4 YOU MAY NOT WANT TO CHECK \"ACTIVATE\" when you jailbreak. By doing this through ZiPhone it disconnects your YouTube connection for some reason. I learned this the hard way and so have many others. Feel free to do an internet search for \"JAILBROKEN IPHONE CANNOT CONNECT TO YOUTUBE.\" According to different posts, if you don\'t check activate, you can activate your phone through itunes after your jailbreak and your YouTube should work as it did pre-jailbreak. To all those that are currently YouTube-less post jailbreak. There is a fix, it involves using Open SSH and WinSCP. I had no idea wth that was until I jailbroke my iphone and read a few posts. But there are step by step instructions for this whole process at the following link: (http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/03/youtube-fix.html). If you are a legit AT&T customer, as I am, I lost service after this youtube fix. All I did afterwards, which isn\'t stated in the fix above, is open up iTunes and plug in my iPhone. After about 40 seconds, service was restored to my phone. I\'m assuming the fix de-activated my phone and connecting it back to iTunes re-activated it. I hope this helps. Btw, I ran this fix after installing several other apps post Jailbreak. So you shouldn\'t need to restore your phone for this fix.
BigRed - March 26, 2008 at 7:46pm
Sync your contacts, prefs will reset and yes you\'ll have to reactivate. It should recognize it and activate it automatically.
DudemanR - March 26, 2008 at 5:08pm
if I do this will my contacts and preferences stay as they are? Will I have to re-activate my service with AT&T?
luisyo - March 7, 2008 at 5:01pm
reboot... reboot.. reboot and nothing... instal Bricktool/SignalFix and nothing... i dont know what i can do!! thanks wombat
wombat - March 7, 2008 at 4:45pm
@luisyo: There is a Tutorial here \"How to Unlock Your iPhone with ZiPhone GUI (Windows)\" or \"(Mac)\". Your decision. Regarding signal. Maybe you\'re just msising the icons for the signal, have you tried to make a call/send an sms?. If that didn\'t work, reboot. Reboot again....No? Reboot again. Else check Installer for a Signal Patch. I haven\'t needed it, but there is a patch there... i.e. add source http://www.sendowski.de/iphone. Patch Bricktool/SignalFix might work...If not, no harm done.
luisyo - March 7, 2008 at 3:15pm
Finally i do it.. now i have a 1.1.4 iphone avtivated and jailbreaked.. but i no have signal? why is taht? i have a stealthsim and i dont wana unlocked beacuase that change my basehand... thanks wombat
wombat - March 7, 2008 at 3:10pm
@luisyo: because this tutorial is just to JAILBREAK. For activation and evtl. unlock you need to use other ttutorials here!
luisyo - March 7, 2008 at 2:19pm
i do all this and why mi iphone no activated? pleaseee help me