October 4, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)

Posted January 31, 2010 at 6:58pm · 9 comments · Add Comment
Pam
Pam - October 29, 2010 at 4:00pm
I have Iphone 3g, 3.1.3 (7E18). I downloaded red snOw-mac_.0.9.4 and iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw. On step 4 when I browse I get the message "unable to recognize specified IPSW" Does anyone know where I go from here? Thanks.
Pam
Pam - October 29, 2010 at 4:39pm
I reread the directions and recognized on Step 5 that I should download firmware 3.1.2 even if I have 3.1.3. So I did that, also downloaded via Firefox vs. Safari. Everything goes along fine. At the finish the iPhone looks like it's processing and after a few minutes it shows a black screen with an apple. After a few more minutes I get the slide screen with the itunes icon, identifying no sim card and only able to make an emergency call. Does anyone know why it's not working for me?
Pather
Pather - August 31, 2010 at 7:54am
Hi, i tried this tutorial, but when redsn0w starts rebooting device, it freezes and nothing else happens. I have iOS version 3.1.3 and I've done everything I should... any tips?
Dave
Dave - April 25, 2010 at 4:08am
Hi, Thanks for this tutorial ... it totally worked for me unlocking 3G iPhone running 3.1.3. iPhone 3G Version: 3.1.3 (7E18) Carrier: Vodafone New Zealand Model: MB496X Modem Firmware: 05.12.01 I had tried using pwnage instruction on iclarified but the procedure did not work. My phone was jailbroken but I had No Service [no cellular network capability ... unable to make phone calls etc.]. I restored back to standard image (3.1.3 via iTunes) and then attempted this RedSn0w procedure and it worked first time. All I wanted was to be able to tether my iPad to iPhone and surf the net .... and after jailbreaking iPhone and installing MyWi I can do it and it works great !! Thanks DEV Team and all others involved in creating this jailbreak software ... v.cool
Pam
Pam - October 29, 2010 at 4:05pm
Hi, I have the same phone and I set up the Pwnage folder, downloaded redsnOw-mac_.09 and iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_restore.ipsw. But on step 4 redsnOw is "unable to recognize specified IPSW". Any suggestions. Thanks.
cseeman
cseeman - February 12, 2010 at 11:19pm
Curious why no tutorial for 3.1.3 Jailbreak yet. Is this coming? I can't seem to find it on iClarified
yoda
yoda - February 11, 2010 at 12:06am
Still not working...3G - 05.11.07
bmwz08
bmwz08 - February 1, 2010 at 11:34am
no more signal after jailbreaking!
asicsning
asicsning - April 20, 2012 at 1:29am
However, even if at the time, the Berlin wall vulnerable side, http://www.ferragamoshoesoutletusa.com/