October 4, 2022

How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS Using a Cydia Saved SHSH [Windows]

Posted February 7, 2010 at 1:00am · 65 comments · Add Comment
Walle
Walle - September 25, 2010 at 2:28am
I got stuck in DFU mode (displays connect to iTunes or screen is black) after downgrading from 4.1 to 3.1.2 and got error message 1015. It was a little bit unclear in this article, but you can run your jailbreak tool (e.g. RedSn0w) even if you're stuck in DFU mode.
Petya
Petya - September 14, 2010 at 11:01pm
Hi does anyone get an error(13)? I had an 3.0.1 running and then downgraded..or rather upgraded 3.1.3 - and that worked but when i tried to install 4.0 or 4.0.1 it's says erro(13)? Thanks in advance!
Cooler
Cooler - August 20, 2010 at 8:56pm
What verison of itune am I surpport to have for this to work because i did as you say and it still gives me the same error plz helppppp
orange
orange - July 15, 2010 at 9:51am
Tried to downgrade my 3GS on 3.1.3 with Spirit JB to 3.1.2 using my Cydia SHSH blobs to be able to re-jb in order to be able to jb on iOS4, but the restore fails for some odd reason :-/ It runs for a good while after I select the iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw, then stops with a message that says: "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015)". Anyone with an idea? Many thanks!
rajuneela
rajuneela - July 14, 2010 at 9:51am
hi, I try to save this Host file it gives an error " Can not create C:/document and setting\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. Make sure that the path and file name is correct".Please explain me how to save this file . I am on Vista home premium 64bit
Fidler
Fidler - July 22, 2010 at 3:50am
Rightclick on the hosts file and make sure "read-only" is NOT checked.
rajuneela62
rajuneela62 - July 14, 2010 at 9:05am
hi, I try to delete all data in my iphone 3gs. I phone is hanged and came to "Apple logo". the battery is low and it will start charging (with red- battery ) after few miinute again pops up apple logo, I am able to got recovery mode. Below are the detail of my phone: 3GS, 3.0.1, 32GB, jailbreaked and unloacked. I dont have SHSH. can I upgrade to 3.1.3. Please advice me, i don't mind to upgrade to 3.1.3,I want my phone back!! I tried I recovery also.. no use. thanks in advance.
Shamanwee
Shamanwee - July 2, 2010 at 1:00pm
All i get is error 3194
leo
leo - July 6, 2010 at 8:41am
try this linkkkkkkk it mit helppp gd luk fix error 3194 http://tamatim.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/2951272-fix-error-3194-while-downgrade-3gs-ios-4-to-3-1-3-
awais
awais - September 23, 2010 at 1:01am
im having this very same issue.. i have iphone 3gs as well as iphone 4.. both are on version 4.0.2 im well aware of the hosts file and ive done it properly, yet im having this error 3194 anyone with the solution?? please help
stuart
stuart - June 24, 2010 at 9:27pm
hi i had a previous jailbroken version of 3.1.3 with spirit , i did back up on cydia . lastnight i jumped the gun and updated to 4.0 with itunes , im trying to follow your step by step but iv gotten the 1015 error twice and then tryed to re jailbreak like it says but im stuck in DFU mode how do i re jail break
johnnymatics
johnnymatics - April 17, 2010 at 7:58pm
Hello Everyone! I'm trying 2 downgrade my 3GS from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2...but its stuck at "verifying iphone restore with apple"....ny ideas on how to overcome that? I would appreciate! Thanks
leo
leo - July 6, 2010 at 8:43am
try this linkkkkkkk it mit helppp gd luk fix eerror 3194 http://tamatim.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/2951272-fix-error-3194-while-downgrade-3gs-ios-4-to-3-1-3-
boblp
boblp - April 8, 2010 at 11:49pm
i cant save the edited hosts file.. it keeps converted to txt format.. and ended up with two hosts file.. the original (hosts) and the edited (hosts.txt). what should i do? thanks in advance
boblp
boblp - April 10, 2010 at 1:44am
nvm.. just remove the .txt n it should be fine..