February 3, 2023
Where Microsoft Makes Its Profits [Chart]

Where Microsoft Makes Its Profits [Chart]

Posted February 10, 2010 at 10:24pm · 17 comments · Add Comment
HO
HO - February 11, 2010 at 8:56am
...so much hate cause MS can pull more money on Software than Mapple...maybe because MS stuff is by far more adaptable than those from the other company?, Zune is going nowhere but getting better and Win7 is by far the best OS out there rt now, besides sustainability is cheaper on Windows, buying accessories or programs for Win is a breeze and there is a ton, u can pick from cheap crap to inexpensive quality elements and that's the reason why MS will keep on the top, btw, as far as I recall if it's about development and pushing boundaries MS is a better platform just keep in mind that u can buy and install Windows on anything but OSX is only allowed on Mapple machines, OSX really hasn't changed that much but hey Mapple is just about marketing and coolaid and there is a ton of ppl who love that coolaid...suckers...
Zod
Zod - February 11, 2010 at 9:22am
"Win7 is by far the best OS out there rt now". Compared to what? Vista! HA! So you've used Linux? Or OSX? Solaris? Hey dude, if I was buying a Merc, I wouldn't want a Fiat 500 motor under the hood. If you believe in your operating system you'd build the machine that it runs on. "Better platform", again, what other operating systems have you used? I have done em all and Linux is the better, but it's the least supported, OSX is next (based on linux), and as for Windows 7, it's still based on DOS. That's not innovative, it's a cop out! I moved many years ago, and will NEVER go back to microsuck. "OSX really hasn't changed that much", again, you've used all OSX systems? It's into it's sixth built numbskull, and microsuck stole all it's features and whacked em into vista but just renamed them, seven years after OSX was released. Enjoy your little toy and the bugs and the viruses and the trojans and the worms and the system crashes and the reboot after reboot. I'm over that crap and am happy I saw the light. Once you go Mac, you'll never go back. You bought Vista did you? Who's the sucker then?!!
WOXING
WOXING - February 11, 2010 at 10:20am
Another apple fan...... Bravo
HO
HO - February 11, 2010 at 11:11am
...yup, another mapple troll, btw Vista is as good as Me and W7 is way beyond Osx on other respect i can tell u that Win7 can be used with no antivirus which cant be said of Osx not to forget also that Osx is the least secure of all the OS's (ask the hacker community), is true that Linux it's a very good Os but from the normal user pov it's very difficult to use, even this days that has plenty of gui's Linux is not an easy pie.
John
John - February 11, 2010 at 4:18pm
Both of you guys are idiots. Mac OSX and Windows 7 are both fine OSs. You may have a preference for one or the other, but to declare the one that you don't prefer to be crappy is just plain stupid. What is the point of such childish behavior?
Zod
Zod - February 12, 2010 at 12:12am
You sprout a lot of rubbish with no proof of evidence on anything you've written, which just proves your bias. Have you tried anything else? So instead of telling me to ask the hacking community, please provide proof of this statement, "most unsecure". I have never, our organisation has never, and all the "mapple" people I know have never had a virus, Trojan or worm. How about you, HO (appropriate name). Here's a quote fro MS executive Jim Allchin, "I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft." Google that one dude.
enrico
enrico - February 12, 2010 at 1:13am
OSX is actually based on the BSD core, not Linux.
Zod
Zod - February 12, 2010 at 2:25am
OSX is UNIX based core. Quote the apple web site. "Mac OS X is the world’s most advanced operating system. Built on a rock-solid UNIX foundation and designed to be simple and intuitive, it’s what makes the Mac innovative, highly secure, compatible and easy to use. Quite simply, there is nothing else like it." http://www.apple.com/au/macosx/what-is-macosx/
enrico
enrico - February 12, 2010 at 2:37am
Man you are thick-- quit talking about things you don't understand. BSD is a flavor of UNIX, moron. Also, with your post above, OSX was based on Linux.. Hence my correction. Stay out of the technical stuff, douchebag-- it's not your forte.
Zod
Zod - February 12, 2010 at 2:58am
You're a dickhead. The OSX GUI was taken from Linux not UNIX core. Where did I say OSX was based on Linux core. OSX is Darwin based on freeBSD code with parts of NeXT's software coding. I don't feel the need to prove myself like you, God like, Mr correct everyone guy. I've worked on solaris, MSDOS, DOS, Java, cocoa, and BSD daemon coding, so don't give me a lecture on OS architecture. Douchebag 1- Dickhead 0.
enrico
enrico - February 12, 2010 at 3:25am
Look at your first post in this thread, moron: "I have done em all and Linux is the better, but it's the least supported, OSX is next (based on linux), and as for Windows 7, it's still based on DOS." -- Now you're going to say you were talking about the GUI? LOL. Clearly this is a waste of time because not only do you have no clue what you're talking about, you also have the inability to admit when you're wrong. Googlin' it after the fact and reposting doesn't count, queer.
Cyber Mafia
Cyber Mafia - February 11, 2010 at 4:39am
Lets compare with Apple Software Sales and Micorsoft Sales. Microsoft Office and Server Tools and Windows Impressive ... I am not taking side of Microsoft but yeah hard to say they are the Name of the Game Microsoft.
Zod
Zod - February 11, 2010 at 4:46am
If it's ALL about money, then Microsuck win as all the suckers who buy their crap don't know anything different. Now if it's about pushing the boundaries and challenging the present to develop into the future, then they fail. Windows 7 was ten years too late. I rest my case.
Zod
Zod - February 11, 2010 at 4:49am
Toyota sell plenty of Camrys world wide, more so than the Lexus, but it doesn't mean the Camry is by far the better car. Is it??
Jay
Jay - February 11, 2010 at 12:01am
How long until they give up the Zune?
Zod
Zod - February 11, 2010 at 3:32am
And I can here their accountants whisper................"suckers"! Proves you don't have to be innovative to make money. Just keep pumping out crap because the whole world is too stupid to try anything else.
poullos
poullos - February 11, 2010 at 6:27am
Big companies like MS may sell/provide something unprofitable because they MUST enter that market. They won't drop zune because it's unprofitable. They will be there since their competitors have a product in that market. They will only drop something id it's not profitable AND affects their image/name.