Nobody will miss 2022, but this update offers some pleasant reasons to remember it: media with spoiler effects, new ways to save space on your device, new drawing tools, suggested profile pictures, and more.
What's New In This Version:
• Media with spoiler effects. You can wrap photos and videos you send in a fuzzy cover by selecting media in the attachment menu and tapping (⋯) > Hide With Spoiler.
Zero Storage Usage
• Auto-remove cached media. You can choose how long cached media is kept in Private Chats, Groups, and Channels – and add exceptions for specific chats.
• Removing media by type. Separate tabs with Media, Files, and Music from all chats let you quickly clear the largest files.
• Pie charts. The new design helps you see what's taking up space.
• Dwarves with calculators. Cache size is now calculated a lot faster.
• Reminder: All cached media you remove remains accessible in the cloud and can be re-downloaded if needed.
New Drawing and Text Tools
• Fully redesigned media editor. You can quickly switch between brushes and use the new blur tool.
• Line smoothing. Drawing tools dynamically change width based on drawing speed and automatically smooth your lines.
• New text tools. You can change the size, font, and background of any text you add to photos and videos. The text tool now also supports animated emoji.
• New color selection. You can choose colors using 5 new tools – including the Eyedropper.
• New gestures. Hold to fill the canvas with color – or to erase everything.
• Preset shapes. You can quickly add shapes like circles, arrows, stars, and chat bubbles.
Profile Pictures for Your Contacts
• Setting pictures for your contacts. You can choose your own picture for a contact – only you will see it on their profile.
• Suggested profile pictures. When editing your contacts, you can suggest a photo for their profile. It will take them just two taps to add the picture you suggested.
• Public profile pictures. If you only allow certain users to see your profile photos, you can set a public picture for everyone else.
• Ultimate profile picture privacy. You can set 'Who can see my profile photos' to 'Nobody' and add some users or groups as exceptions.
Hiding Members in Large Groups
• Member list privacy. Owners of large groups can hide the list of members.
You can download Telegram Messenger from the App Store for free.