December 9, 2022
Steve Jobs on iPhone 4 Reception: 'Avoid Holding It In That Way'

Steve Jobs on iPhone 4 Reception: 'Avoid Holding It In That Way'

Posted June 24, 2010 at 9:15pm · 30 comments · Add Comment
David
David - June 25, 2010 at 1:19am
For any other company this would be a catastrophe. I can't wait to see how Jobs can turn this lemon into lemonade. It's probably not a bad idea to wait several months before I upgrade. I see the possibility of a recall on this model. As for iOS 4... what a disappointment. I really don't a huge leap in performance or productivity.
Muse
Muse - June 25, 2010 at 12:11am
Comon I knew it when apple bringed tha stupid bumper case... That's y they want u to buy the fuckin bumber case and make revenue... Like a game u buy than u get tha expanstion pack lol
wittybob
wittybob - June 24, 2010 at 11:35pm
Buy the new app for the iPhone4, called iUpsideDown, then flip your springboard upside down, this leaves the two "gapped" areas on "top", and not blocked. You know, that can't be an original Steve Jobs reply. I was expecting a.... "no"
samK
samK - June 24, 2010 at 10:29pm
i'm getting a case regardless so this doesn't affect me but how childish of steve jobs to reply back like that. man up to your mistake. you fucked up.
Michael Beck
Michael Beck - June 25, 2010 at 1:17am
Yeah, I am with you. I have planned on getting the bumper case from the start.. but that is a dumb response.
V
V - June 25, 2010 at 4:51am
It will affect you too ! The bumper case won't help, the hand is still conductive and is covering a rather huge area around the phone. It is not like a metallic key that inspite of being very conductiove is rather small compared to your normal hand.
Juac
Juac - June 24, 2010 at 10:12pm
I own the iPhone 4 and currently haven't had a problem as of yet. It could possibly be the fact that I bought the bumper for it and put it on at the store but I've have full 3G reception with no failures.
Me
Me - June 24, 2010 at 10:24pm
This issue is for when you actually touch the metal antennae where the notch is; thus bridging the connection between the two.
mmc
mmc - June 24, 2010 at 9:46pm
that wasn't what I would expect from apple Pride comes before a fall ....
V
V - June 24, 2010 at 9:37pm
I guess that confirms the hardware issue! Thanks SJ.
Jay
Jay - June 24, 2010 at 9:32pm
It's true in regard to reception drop while covering the antenna, but if the design make it so easy to loose connection while holding the phone in a comfortable fashion, it's a pretty dumb design if you ask me. How bad is the reception drop if held normally? -5dBm or 1 bar, I say suck it up, use a damn bluetooth. It's more drastic, we may have a lemon with this glass that seems almost more breakble than the previous models.
SteveIsntGod
SteveIsntGod - June 24, 2010 at 9:29pm
Apple and Steve Jobs are really starting to get on my nerves with their holier than thow attitude. This phone is not revolutionary, is built on hype, is playing catch up with competition, and now there there is a flaw, they have the audacity to respond in this matter. You iFanboy faggots can live in the clostets of deceptions, lies, false hopes, and fake gods all you want. Google will overtake apple in every sense of their business... Simply because of the arrogrance and Nazi like tyrant of mr jobs
Rooboy
Rooboy - June 24, 2010 at 10:01pm
I think someone is a little cranky.... maybe you should take a soother with you when you go to bed tonight.. don't forget to ask your mommy to warm the bottle before she tucks you in too.
Rooboyisgay
Rooboyisgay - June 24, 2010 at 10:17pm
Shut up and suck Steve jobs' dick you fuckin mindless sheep.
enrico
enrico - June 25, 2010 at 2:03am
It's "holier-than-thou" you douchebag.
Me
Me - June 24, 2010 at 9:23pm
I think Mr. Jobs needs to offer a formal apology for how he handled that email. He's not just speaking for himself but for Apple as a whole and for its investors. There is a lot of ways he could of handled that email and he chose the worst way. As an iPhone fanatic, I was taken back by what he said and it would seriously make me consider getting the iPhone 5 (already have the 4) if this is going to be his attitude to his screw ups.
GB
GB - June 24, 2010 at 9:26pm
Could you imagine he closed with this new easter egg at his keynote.. AND THERES ONE MORE THING... IF you hold the iphone in your left hand, and accidentally cover the bottom left corner of the phone, you lose all reception... Its magical... lol PS, iPhone Roadie since 2G, and plan on getting the iPhone4