Apple is Investigating iPhone 3G Problems With iOS 4

Apple is Investigating iPhone 3G Problems With iOS 4

Posted July 28, 2010 at 9:55pm by iClarified · 14 comments · Add Comment
Dnique - June 5, 2011 at 10:38pm
I'm still having all of these same issues and haven't found anywhere where Apple has fixed it. Any insight as to if this has been fixed or how to fix it?
Oppermafkees - July 30, 2010 at 2:54am
Maybe apple should advise people to jailbrake! after i used supercharge my phone is as fast as it was in os3 :)
Alexander larsen - July 29, 2010 at 9:02am
I bet they ginna blame the jailbreak! Stupid apple!!! But what can we do? They make so good idevices!!!
awaabahmed - July 29, 2010 at 8:20am
seriously its about time your'l have a look into it.... iphone 3g is really very slow with ios 4 version...... and most of the app's are not supported yet either.... iv downgraded my phone back to 3.1.3 and hoping the problems in ios 4 is fixed asap...!!!!!
Spencer - July 29, 2010 at 4:08am
Yep!... indeed that is my 3G as well - I am afraid...!!! - I have found that the battery also makes your phone into a heater... on 4.0 ...sometimes.... What I do - is to stop the web-browser... I delete all the weblinks - back to blank... (in other words stop safari trying to scan..) seeing that the operating system is multi-tasking - it does this by itself - even when not multi-tasking...as in 3.0 ... I also - turn off the 3G option...hmmm... some programs like internet intensive connections - do this as well... like Gtalk - web-browsing etc etc... Thanks.... Spencer ~Sabatta
yoshac - July 29, 2010 at 10:16pm
I didn't jailbreak or use pwnage tool. it seems the upgrade process may leave some background junk from 3.x running. by putting iPhone into dfu mode and doing a 4.0 restore from iTunes it cleared out that junk I guess
HO - July 29, 2010 at 4:05am
...after many tests they concluded that it's the same problem with any "smartphone" after any upgrade, to validate the point they recorded videos of BB's, Nokia's, Se's, Moto's, Htc's....etc.... Also they pointed that the best solution is to upgrade to the new iPhone 4.
Josh - July 29, 2010 at 10:13am
Yep. Just like apple to say "Never you mind the problem with our phone. Look at all these other phones that have problems!" It's exactly what they did with the antena problem on the iPhone 4. And of course the best solution is to buy a new phone! Why in the world would they want to fix issues with your old phone when they know you're going to buy a newer "better" phone. Steve Jobs is a whiney little girl if he doesn't get his way. I've had enough of apples bull.
loop - July 29, 2010 at 3:39am
My Solution (I've read it in the comments of a Forum somewhere): Configure the Spotlight Search! Go to Settings - General - Homebutton - Spotlight; Deactivate all the Places you don't really need to search in (I deactivated everything except mail) and your 3G runs like iOS4 did never happen :-) Worked at least for me!
Aaron Wright - July 28, 2010 at 11:29pm
What's funny is that's not even iOS4. I hadn't even jailbroken iOS4 yet and I had all these problems. I had to at least jailbreak and see, then decided to "downgrade". Best decision I made. Eveything the "new" platform offers has long been offered in the jailbreak community. Come up with something NEW Apple! Not something someone else has already pioneered!
yoshac - July 28, 2010 at 10:40pm
I had this problem - hot, slow, fast battery drain - after updating to iOS 4 Solution was to do DFU restore. No more problems after that.
Randy - July 28, 2010 at 10:57pm
had this problem extreeeeemely bad. couldn't take it anymore, sold it on craigslist for $250, bought an iphone 4, couldnt be happier!
Haha - July 28, 2010 at 11:04pm
Thats a good hustle! Smart
Spencer - July 29, 2010 at 10:44am
Hi there Yoshac.... please can you try to contact me.... you might have just the answer I need to have Clarified... Seriously - I believe that there is some hack that needs to be done...??? Did you use - Pwnage Tool 4.01 - ..??? Can you please reply - if you can...??? Regards Spencer
Prev 1 of 1 Next