December 9, 2022
How to Fix OSX86 Still Waiting For Root Device Error

How to Fix OSX86 Still Waiting For Root Device Error

Posted May 14, 2008 at 12:10am · 29 comments · Add Comment
Vishal Arya
Vishal Arya - November 20, 2008 at 7:47am
thanks , worked like a charm
Visvaldas
Visvaldas - November 10, 2008 at 10:05am
Worked like a charm.!!!!! My Leo4All boots now. Thanks
The_Edge3000
The_Edge3000 - September 28, 2008 at 11:06pm
Worked to solve my "Still Waiting For Root Device" error! Other errors preventing me for booting though... Also if your HD is named "Macintosh HD" Enter it in the command line as "Macintosh\ HD"
rcasca
rcasca - September 13, 2008 at 7:59am
Thanks for all, It works for me too. Thanks again.
Torn
Torn - July 27, 2008 at 12:05pm
ASS! i can't even make : <------ that symbol. some other button is wrong too, such as - and ? has changed places, but they work. : doesnt. please help
Umang
Umang - July 8, 2008 at 8:51am
I went through the same thing.. it din't work for me the 1st time either.. I was p*ssed off, but I did it again, with patience.. worked like charm.. YMMV, i hope it does not in this case =]
Protocol82
Protocol82 - July 6, 2008 at 11:14am
Did all the above but still "waiting for root device" ARGH so close. I thought I was on a winner. Any thoughts?
Honza
Honza - July 6, 2008 at 8:36am
Instead of booting with F8 and -f... after you are done putting the kexts in place and changing permissions, just do a 'touch /System/Library/Extensions'. This updates the time/date of the extensions folder, which forces the system to update the kexts caches when it next boots.
Niels Roetert
Niels Roetert - June 30, 2008 at 6:09pm
Worked for me, thanks.
Umang
Umang - June 11, 2008 at 3:43pm
The 4th step should work as every other step did.. copy the command into a Notepad / textedit to make sure that you leave spaces as required.. chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/MacHD/System/Library/Extensions/*ATA* chmod -R 755 /Volumes/MacHD/System/Library/Extensions/*ATA* I am doing everytime my computer shuts down and it works every time.. if it works, it will not provide any usage message or anything.. it will show you the prompt to type the next command. Make sure that you replace the MacHD with the name of your partition too..