October 5, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G Using Greenpois0n (Mac)

How to Jailbreak Your iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G Using Greenpois0n (Mac)

Posted February 4, 2011 at 2:09pm · 13 comments · Add Comment
omidjan
omidjan - September 28, 2014 at 4:03pm
4.21
Rhea17
Rhea17 - March 10, 2011 at 8:02pm
when i was jailbreaking my itouch there are some errors.. i finished the download and it shows the logo of greenpoison.. but why is my icon loader on the springboard white, when ts suppsd to be green?
Austin
Austin - March 7, 2011 at 10:48pm
What kind of jailbreak is this root/mobile (I guess that's root/userland?) It seems there is a default user, sometimes that's root, sometimes that's mobile, which one is Greenpois0n use? How can I tell right off the bat? If I install lighttpd+php & run a whoami, is that a lighttpd user or the username I'm looking for?
hamed rajabi
hamed rajabi - February 17, 2011 at 5:02pm
Hey guys,i'm facing problem with my iPod Touch 3G. i can't put it in DFU mode so i can jailbreak it, can any body help? regards
steve
steve - February 4, 2011 at 5:23pm
why bother at all 4.3 out in 10 days ffs
Tulga
Tulga - February 4, 2011 at 4:00pm
What about iPod Touch 2G MC Model? (8GB) I have no idea is my iPod 2G MC moel or 3G. Will GreenpoisOn work on iPod Touch 2G MC models?
Val
Val - February 5, 2011 at 10:35am
if you have an 8 GB ipod it is 2G for sure. also be advised that this is the final ver. (4.2.1) for this ipod no more updates. i want to know as well will it support this model because redsn0w for some reason doesn't support this device and this device is always forgotten. please make some effort in making it support it. this will be the last of it.
3G Unlocker
3G Unlocker - February 4, 2011 at 2:43pm
What about unlocking the phone as well?
Reynard Fennec
Reynard Fennec - October 17, 2010 at 4:28pm
For what it's worth: 1. Read the documentation 2. Always make a backup 3. Relax; dont' do this or any other such things in a hurry 4. Your mileage may vary 5. Re-read and repeat. Glad to see another option out there; I upgraded my iPT3G to 4.1 on Thursday PM right after the Limera1n jailbreak came came out; did my backups with TInyUmbrella, made sure my blobs were where they were supposed to be and then proceeded to install and run Limera1n. It took about 5 tries to get it right, but it did work. Patience is a definite virtue when it comes to jailbreaking... Congratulations to the Greenpois0n crew; keep up the good work and here's hoping I don't need it, as the Limera1n worked just fine.
asdf
asdf - October 17, 2010 at 9:10am
I have an iPT 3G and when I tried using this it failed at the verbose stage. It said that it couldn't find a file and so it actually told me "giving up" lol When I tried to restart it, it got stuck at the apple logo too so I had to just restore it through iTunes. I lost everything but its better than it not working at all.
Malik34
Malik34 - February 4, 2011 at 7:19pm
i had the sae problem however im on iphone 4 but all u do is keeping holding the home button till texts appear on the iphone and they move quick
v3nom
v3nom - October 17, 2010 at 2:35am
I did the JB with this on my iPT 3g and after I went to verbose mode, and completed until the installation of cydia - it hangs.. after couple of minutes my iPT went back to Apple logo and can NOT restart.. PLEASE HELP! I can't do anything now.. it's stucked at the Apple logo!
Austin
Austin - March 7, 2011 at 11:44am
Does it show up in iTunes? Can you do a restore there? if not, try putting it in DFU mode, then try using iTunes to restore it