September 27, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

Posted October 20, 2010 at 12:14pm · 50 comments · Add Comment
naman
naman - April 6, 2011 at 9:36am
i updated my i4 to 4.3.1, after unlocking it with ultrasn0w, i can see 1 small singal bar, which i should cuz its not fixed yet. But i cant even see the name of my carrier, and hence can not make/recv calls.. and idea ? i am on 1.59.00
M4PT
M4PT - December 23, 2010 at 11:47am
Hi everyone. I have a brand new IP4 locked to network and everything went well till the restore with iTunes10.1.1 when he start to verifiy the custom restore with apple. Stops there... any ideas?
Devon
Devon - January 11, 2011 at 10:17pm
Same here...Apple says I'm not eligible for the software. I'm on the 4.1 build (8B117). Any help would be awesome. Thanks guys!
dyohanan
dyohanan - November 30, 2010 at 8:49am
Everything works fine and my iPhone is already jailbroke but the unlock does not work at all. I have an iPhone 4 Mod. MC318LL/A, Firmware Ver. 4.1, Baseband: 02.10.04-ICE_2_8. Could be the baseband the reason of why the unlock does not work?
dyhnn
dyhnn - November 28, 2010 at 1:29pm
I did this tutorial but the iPhone stuck just a little bit before finish (the white bar on the iphone). I tried twice and the last one at this moment it takes 28 minutes. Any ideas or suggestions? thanks!
Tony
Tony - November 27, 2010 at 10:58am
So I tried to upgrade my current JB Iphone 3g 3.1.3 to 4.1 using the Pwnage 4.1. I got an Itunes error 1603 saying the restore was not good. Now im stuck at restore. Any suggestions as what to do now since I dont have the original 3.1.3 restore anymore? thanks
socrates
socrates - November 22, 2010 at 10:47am
Hi I have a factory unlocked iphone 4 on 4.1 firmware and modem firmware 02.10.04 If I jailbreak using this method will my iphone 4 stay unlocked? Thanks
CAPS
CAPS - November 9, 2010 at 7:06pm
Hi, I have bought an iphone 4 and it is on 4.1 firmware. The question here is if this tutorial works with my device?, because I read pwnage tool 4.1 had some troubles and that's why there was an update of pwnage, the 4.1.1 version which seems to work fine. which option do you experts recommend for jailbreak? Limera1, green poison or pwnage tool??? Thank you very much in advance for the support.
Zero
Zero - November 8, 2010 at 7:58am
It worked great!... But, i've used the latest PwnageTool 4.1.2 on Snow Leopard. No Cydia errors Thanks guys!
goliath6900
goliath6900 - November 4, 2010 at 4:43am
can i build the fw first then do the restore later of does the procedure have to be continous? after building the fw, can i use the built fw for a 2nd iphone or do i have to build the fw all over again for the 2nd and different iphone 4? thanks.
Zero
Zero - November 8, 2010 at 7:49am
Yes you can, but remember that you need to place the iPhone on DFU to successfully jailbrake the phone... cheers!
xitrum
xitrum - November 4, 2010 at 3:29am
thanks so much. I can jaikbreak my Iphone 4 v4.1. Love team forever.