How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.1]

Posted October 20, 2010 at 12:48pm by iClarified · 75 comments · Add Comment
Lepaka - October 24, 2010 at 6:55am
I have a 3GS 16 (unlocked from origin) and a 3GS 32 (locked at the Network, but without contract). Both cases worked perfectly, just had to UNSELECT the Activation Process in the step six. Thankx you are the Jailbreak Masters.
Andy - October 23, 2010 at 1:26pm
I did it, now what? SHould i restore it from a backup or as a new iPhone? That and, i don't notice any visible changes. What am i supposed to see differently?
Gazi - October 23, 2010 at 11:25am
4.1 Customs FW restored usuing DFU mode on 3GS old BR. iPhone continuously rebooting and showing only logo. Tried 2nd,3rd,4th .... times restore, if DFU showing error 1600 and recovery mode showing error 21. Help is appreciated.
Lepaka - October 24, 2010 at 6:58am
Try just UNSELECT the Activation Process at step six. it worked for me perfectly.
Mommy22angels - October 22, 2010 at 2:27pm
I have my iPhone unlocked with the new 4.1. I am running on tmobile, but just noticed under my carrier in settings, it says AT&T. I thought I had read that this new jail real was going to fool iTunes in some way. Is that part of it. I also live in Indiana but am currently in Michigan. Thanks for any answers.
emilio - October 22, 2010 at 11:07pm
nesesito ayuda con iphone
Jbz - October 22, 2010 at 1:20pm
How is everyone bypassing the "verifying restore with Apple" window??
hadesphoenix - October 24, 2010 at 1:33pm
DFU should take care of that, what you need to do is to do the DFU process again. Even though you think FDU is fine, do it again and restore your iphone using your custom firmware and you will see the error prompt disappearing. Thanks Dev-Team
Steve - October 22, 2010 at 9:02am
Pwn Tool is 4.1.1 now. anyone knows what are the changes compare to 4.1? I know it should be better but i just don't want to format my phone again with the new tool. For those got error 21, or 1600. you have to use Mac to make it work. use Pwn tool to go to DFU mode then restore within iTunes.
Daniel - October 22, 2010 at 4:46am
Occording to my Macbook the Pwnage tool here in this article is not a DMG. I had to go here to get a working one. http://www.iphoneworld.ca/download-for-iphone1/pwnageTool_4.1.dmg
Daniel - October 22, 2010 at 4:48am
Ah its a torrent link? Why do you have a torrent link when there are direct download of the Pwnage tool available.?? Not everyone has Bit Torrent. Not point in forcing people to install it eh?
Mark - October 21, 2010 at 7:21pm
since PwnageTool is for making custom firmwares, any mac owners nice enough to upload a custom firmware they've made (3GS - iOS 4.1 but w/o baseband update), for all us windows users? thanks in advance! :)
Vaccaria - October 21, 2010 at 12:47pm
I also got the error 1600, any solutions yet? Thanks.
dmoney - October 21, 2010 at 2:48pm
Try using iTunes 9
Mommy22angels - October 21, 2010 at 3:45pm
I got the error also. Went back and made sure I put the phone in DFU mode through pwnage and it worked. I also have updated iTunes so that wasn't the problem.
Vaccaria - October 21, 2010 at 4:46pm
You made it using iTunes 10? Thanks.
Jon - October 24, 2010 at 10:50am
I got that, and on rebooting, I got it all to connect. It seems that sometimes the USB bus gets messed up. Try a reboot and then use the DFU tool in Pewnage to connect again.
Lakegeorge - October 21, 2010 at 11:18am
i accidently upgraded my 3gs to 4.1 using itunes, i am stuck at emergency calling mode, i tried to put the phone in dfu and then restore with the custom pwnage 4.1 does not work it gives out a message saying iphone software update server could not be contacted what to do now...Please Help
dmoney - October 21, 2010 at 2:47pm
You will have to use limera1n to get it out of emergency mode.. and UNFORTUNATELY you cannot unlock using ultrasn0w because your baseband has been upgraded and will have to wait until ultrasn0w comes out with new version
Prev 2 of 4 Next