December 9, 2022
How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.2.1]

How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.2.1]

Posted November 29, 2010 at 11:56pm · 79 comments · Add Comment
Airwalker
Airwalker - December 20, 2010 at 12:36pm
HELP!! Just tried to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS, 4.2.1, 05.15.04, week 34/09) following the instructions above using redsn0w 0.9.6b5. The device does not reboot, instead hangs at "Please wait while your device is being processed. Waiting for reboot". What's going on? Helpful hints very appreciated! Tks
Airwalker
Airwalker - December 27, 2010 at 9:21am
Sorry, realised that I used the 4.2.1 version for the iPhone 3G instead for the iPhone 3GS. Problem solved!
Randall Murry
Randall Murry - December 18, 2010 at 10:00am
im using this to jailbreak and unlock but when it gets to the screen after all the baseband downloads....it sticks on- "please wait while your device is being processed" "waiting for reboot" now what? and i can't turn phone back on, its just black
Yhsay
Yhsay - December 16, 2010 at 11:56pm
Hi, I have a 3GS jailbroken and unlocked using BlackRa1n and its currently on OS 3.1.2 and baseband 05.11.07 I am a bit confused on this tutorial, so please help me with these questions 1. Do I need to install both redsnow and ultrasnow 1.2 to get an unlocked 4.21 2. Do I have to first uninstall BlackRa1n on my phone to restore it to any previous condition or should I just download 4.21 , use first redsnow and then ultrasnow? 3. Do I need to upgrade my baseband to 06.15 or should I let my baseband remain at 05.11.07? Rgds Yhsay
thomas
thomas - December 17, 2010 at 12:58am
thanks you
Alexandre
Alexandre - February 17, 2011 at 7:43pm
I,m with the same questions. I have exact situation, but I didnt see de answer. How did you make? Thank you
noburg
noburg - December 14, 2010 at 8:37pm
Used this method on 32GB 3GS FW 4.1 with iBoot-359.3 Upgraded to 4.2.1 via itunes then followed above steps, all good, no dramas. Did not upgrade my baseband, assuming because i said 'No' to the 'Is it new version' question. Thanks a lot to the author.
edieamien
edieamien - December 3, 2010 at 2:49am
help any website to download custom firmware 4.21 ?...........
dan
dan - December 1, 2010 at 12:57pm
just jailbreaked my 3gs new bootrom, but after unlocking with ultrasn0w, stuck on apple logo when rebooting, now my 3gs stuck in recovery mode, can't restore it or kick it with tinyumbrella, any ideas ?
dan
dan - December 2, 2010 at 11:11am
problem solved! just downgraded it with tinyumbrella
tony_cicero
tony_cicero - January 13, 2011 at 3:10am
Hi Dan, how exactly did you restore or downgrade ur iphone 3gs using tinyumbrella? i saved my shsh files all the way from 4.0.2. but find that even when i run the tss server thing whilst highlighting which version i want to be restored to it just starts the service & 20mins later nothing has happened. please let me know how you managed as i'm now stuck on 4.2.1 baseband 05.15.04_6.4(M3S2) - new bootrom version week 91 i guess as message had popped up the 1st time saying this is a new version of the iphone 3gs - if that helps. need to upgrade baseband to 06.15 to unlock but redSnow needs me to put phone into DFU mode which isn't possible when in restore mode, or is it???
ravichandra
ravichandra - November 30, 2010 at 10:24pm
When can we expect jailbreak and unlock for Iphone 4 with 2.10 baseband.
Jeffd
Jeffd - November 30, 2010 at 6:41pm
Is there going to be a tutorial on how to do this without upgrading the baseband? I am on 4.0.1 BB 5.13.4 unlocked. I see there is a way to maybe upgrade to 4.2.1 without changing my baseband.
Lukas
Lukas - November 30, 2010 at 3:25pm
I have updated my BB to 06.15 and restore my iphone 3GS from backup after I unlock it via ultrasn0w in cydia. But the battery life was bad, so I decided to restore my iphone but not from backup but it gives me a (21) error code. Can someone help me, and say me how could I restore my 3GS(6.15) to 4.2.1. ?? ..
Satz
Satz - November 30, 2010 at 9:01am
Unable to install cracked apps on to the iphone 3gs. followed all the instruction and cydia is working but not able to install the cracked apps. can anyone help me with this pls
zl
zl - December 1, 2010 at 2:30am
you need to download and install appsync. check this link: http://www.mobilesdna.com/iphone/appsync-4-2-to-install-cydia-apps-on-jailbroken-ios-4-2-1-iphone-ipod-touch/2379/ cheers!