December 9, 2022

How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone (Mac) [Updated 2.2.1]

Posted January 30, 2009 at 12:20pm · 643 comments · Add Comment
Chloe Quiroga
Chloe Quiroga - August 29, 2009 at 5:09pm
if anyone knows what to do please email me at chloe.quiroga@hotmail.fr
Chloe Quiroga
Chloe Quiroga - August 29, 2009 at 5:07pm
This broke my iphone!! My iphone is just a black screen now. everything went fine until it was supposed to be restored in itunes-something went terribly wrong and now I have broken my iphone. I have no idea what to do
Raya
Raya - August 29, 2009 at 10:28am
its the first time im doing this but yet it doesnt ask me for the bootloaders
mohawk
mohawk - July 29, 2009 at 6:16pm
I have iphone 2g with firmware 2.2.1 and planning to jailbreak the phone ,will it work with latest update of itunes v8.2.1.Can someone plz answer the question.
David
David - July 19, 2009 at 3:52pm
My phone won't shut off long enough for me to complete the final step of DFU. It just turns off for 4 seconds, but then restarts and reloads the image of a usb plug and an arrow pointing upwards towards the iTunes symbol. Any suggestions on how to turn it off completely long enough to fulfill the DFU step? Thanks. So far it's been very helpful.
steve
steve - June 20, 2009 at 2:14pm
After installing 3.0 itunes is asking if I want to set up as a new iphone or restore with a backup from when I had 2.2 on this phone. WHich one should I select?
tj
tj - June 18, 2009 at 9:04am
With the upgrade to the 3gs I assume that there will be many people trying to sell their 2g phones These people more than likly have itunes 8.2 like me. How do we go about doing this?
alice
alice - June 18, 2009 at 7:15am
thanks so much it worked great!!! now i can use my phone in france!
Peter T
Peter T - June 15, 2009 at 5:42am
What a lifesaver !! It worked beautifully on both my wifes and my sons iPhones. Thank you so much !
Bob G
Bob G - June 4, 2009 at 10:44am
Followed this to the T - it's killed the phone, only "emergency phone calls".