HTC Says 'iPhones Are Not That Cool Anymore'

HTC Says 'iPhones Are Not That Cool Anymore'

Unknown - September 14, 2011 at 12:26pm
It's true, the only thing that makes iPhones nowadays is the apple logo on the back
Whatzit toya - September 14, 2011 at 10:38am
24th comment!
Maded - September 14, 2011 at 10:09am
As a tech support professional for 2 different carriers (ATT + VZW), I've had hands on experience with iOS, Android, BB, Windows phones for years. The overwhelming majority of the issues with phones I've dealt with involve Android and BB. These phones have so many software and hardware issues that I won't even start going into them all here. At least BB is well-documented and supported by RIM. Android is usually just hope and pray you can find something approaching a fix on some forum, because usually even the manufacturers aren't aware of the issue for some time. And if they are, you get a mumbled "software update in the works" on your call to them about it. iOS issues have been easy to find root cause and easy to solve. I can count one one hand the number of major issues I've dealt with. And most of them involved an idiot screwing up their JB attempt and flipping out. Windows phones? Oddly, I've had few if any major issues come up with them yet. Most have involved syncing with Exchange servers, but that's usually just somebody getting the server settings wrong on setup (and that kind of crap happens on all of the OS anyway). All in all, I'd say iOS or Windows win, hands down.
Buggsy2 - September 14, 2011 at 4:59am
Sour grapes by HTC.
Spase - September 14, 2011 at 3:09am
All the hype about who come up with what, who copied, who who who etc etc. iPhone was not first at anything, and before you put your 2cents forward please get all facts in order. The first FULL TOUCH screen phone was the IBM Simon in 1992. Design copied??? By what I recall LG Prada design came out long long before the iPhone 4. iPhone copied a hell of a lot from Linux, webos, symbian, android... Which isn't bad because ideas build on ideas, evolving for ever for without evolution we'd still be nit picking up in trees. To compare iPhone v Android?!?! I see iPhone as the fit toned 100 meter runner who is quick and smooth in a straight dash, and the Android as the super ironman triathlete that out performs in every other way.
Bobby - September 14, 2011 at 1:02am
After having an iPod touch 2G then seeing HTC phones... I want a evo 4g
Tony - September 14, 2011 at 1:58am
Your absolutely spot on. And why do apple fanboys cry every time they don't get their way, whether it be a conversation / debate or just someone having their say. :I
Someone - September 13, 2011 at 6:12pm
Those of you who don't like iPhones get the crap out of reading this site. Go get an htc android whatever site to mumble about. It's a free country buy whatever you like and shut up
JL - September 13, 2011 at 3:57pm
Ehhh, I'll stick w/ my iPhone. I had the Droid X and Thunderbolt In the same wk (leaving ATT for Verizon), and I'm not impressed w/ Android. I won't doubt the things Android is doing, but there is way too much going on w/ Android. Yes, it's more flexible, but you have to root it to gain total freedom of your phone. Rooting the X was easy, but rooting thr Thunderbolt was hell. And then the devices themselves, the Thunderbolt's power was shitty on the 4G. Apple may be slow and simple, but at least they release a device that works (minus Antennagate). I can deal w/ no LTE in an iPhone and iOS 5 for the time being. Maybe we'll get LTE on the next-next gen iPhone.
Lm - September 13, 2011 at 12:59pm
I dont like iphones anymore. I want android now and probably htc.
doh - September 13, 2011 at 12:51pm
Wa wa wa, oh who's listening........................................................................................................................