January 27, 2023
How to Organize Your iPhone Applications Into Folders

How to Organize Your iPhone Applications Into Folders

Posted September 3, 2008 at 11:43am · 18 comments · Add Comment
logan
logan - April 7, 2012 at 5:30pm
cydia is not on iphone screen like others. It is in a folder called reference. How do i take it out of the folder and put it back where it was? I need response quickly. thnk you.
Perry
Perry - April 28, 2010 at 5:43pm
cant you buy this one on itunes ? Because my jailbreak is gone. and i hate it when my springbaord is full ! Wanna put them all in folders ! Searching for days for a apps like this one.. Somebody knows a app like this one for a not jailbreak iphone ? Thanks a lot !
Hsb
Hsb - November 24, 2010 at 4:46pm
U can put folders with iOS 4.1
Cathy Jennings
Cathy Jennings - February 2, 2010 at 2:53pm
So far so good for me. My only problem is that when I made the folder I was not given an icon selection for each folder. How can you get an icon on each folder if everything else is working right? I have folders but they are grey. :o/ Thanks in advance. CJ
Rj
Rj - July 3, 2009 at 3:43am
Can someone please help.. I had the CATEGORIES applicatoin installed in the previous 2.2 version but after upgrading to the 3.0 version all applications that were inside a folder are all gone now.. I tried to redownload the programs that was inside the folder but it says its already installed. Itried to delete the program and reinstalling but same thing. All applications are hidden and its icon is not showing on the screen. I installed cydia in version 3.0 and installed the categories program but its now showing all the programs that were initially in there as well. Is there any way to somehow show the programs that were initially stored inside one of the folders created in CATEGORIES. Can someone please help or provide some advice! Thanks!!
HJB
HJB - July 3, 2009 at 7:42am
The apps are still on the phone they are simply hidden, go into SB settings or boss prefs and you can go to ide icons and the full list of apps will appear. All of the apps that were in folders will be off, simply switch them to on and they will reappear on your spring board. then you can recategorize them.
Gabe
Gabe - November 15, 2008 at 9:25am
tijana go to settings:general:restrictions:enable then disable it will put all your 3rd apps back up
hard2kill
hard2kill - September 23, 2008 at 12:24pm
great app but I need help. I created some folders, moved cydia etc inside a folder, then few days later, I upgraded to 2.1. Now I can't find cydia as I assume, it's still inside a folder, but with out the catagories app, I can't access the folder. Because I can't access cydia, I can't reinstall catagories. Is there a way to reinstall catagories without cydia, or ssh in and move something somewhere to make it available ?? Thanks for ant help - when if it's how to do a full format / restore - pwn'ed 5 times before thinking it may have something to do with catagories app... Thanks
fahad
fahad - September 7, 2008 at 9:42am
i need software iphone
tijana
tijana - September 5, 2008 at 5:38am
I've installed this Categories application, and among other things have created a folder Settings&Tweaks where I've put all system changing apps like Settings, Cydia, Winterboard, BossPrefs,Categories but when I've restarted the springboard all folders I've created were there except this Settings folder I've created so now I'm stuck - I cannot change anything in my iPhone, cannot access this Categories app, cannot access Settings, cannot access Cydia... PLEASE HELP!
kalwynah
kalwynah - February 26, 2009 at 7:34pm
I have done the same thing - but can not get to Settings since it was in my Utilities folder, which is now lost. Also, I can't see/change my IP to SSH into the phone since I can't get to Settings. Cant reinstall since Cydia is hidden as well. The developer gave this solution, but again, I can't SSH: If anything goes wrong and your phone has no icons, you can just restore the display order file in the /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app folder. M68AP.plist for iphone 1.1.1/1.1.2, N45AP.plist for touch, DisplayOrder.plist for 1.0.2 or older. The back up of this file is in /var/root/Library/Categories folder. Just copy it with scp or ssh. Help?
george
george - September 5, 2008 at 5:29am
this create a problem with ipod
steve anderson
steve anderson - September 4, 2008 at 5:51pm
sometimes half an hour i would say sometimes phone never restarts follow the link below to restart phone after iphone crashes http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49782