January 29, 2023

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [5.0.1]

Posted December 28, 2011 at 5:19am · 72 comments · Add Comment
Leandro
Leandro - December 28, 2011 at 1:55pm
Few questions: 1- does it works with a 3GS runnig the iPad modem firmware (06.15.00)? 2-if so, does it keep this firmware or change it? 3-does this fix the broken GPS on the 3GS running the iPad firmware? 4-this is a tethered jailbreak, right? Thanks a lot!
Terrin
Terrin - December 28, 2011 at 6:13pm
It keeps the base band currently installed, and yes it is compatible.
Leandro
Leandro - December 28, 2011 at 11:02pm
Thanks, but do you know if it does fix the GPS issue?
noway
noway - December 29, 2011 at 3:14am
THIS IS NOT WORKING
PS
PS - December 28, 2011 at 10:50am
Perfect!!! worked PERFECTLY on my 3GS jb unlock carrier!thanks
felo500
felo500 - December 28, 2011 at 1:12pm
what baseband do you have? I'm trying to upgrade my iOS from 4.2.1. to 5.0.1 I have a 3gs unlocked and jailbroken will this work? thanks??
Carlos
Carlos - December 28, 2011 at 1:30pm
Lucky you...i have a problem, i did everything just like you said it, but when it starts to install the new firmware on my iphone 3gs, the bar on the itunes and on the iphone starts to fill, going through several phases, but then, in the end, it stops, and doesn,t move anymore, almost as if it was crashed, and then i have to unplug everything and reboot the device... any help on this subject??
Leandro
Leandro - December 28, 2011 at 1:53pm
keith
keith - December 28, 2011 at 4:07pm
I have a problem. My 3gs was unlocked, jailbroken to 4.2.1 baseband 6.15.0. When I got to the end of this 5.0.1 jailbreak I got stuck in recovery mode after custom restore with a message referring to error 1600. Any ideas? Looks like a mess to me
Carlos
Carlos - December 29, 2011 at 2:32am
It happened the same to me.....any help??
rooney
rooney - December 29, 2011 at 4:33am
make sure in tiny umbrella the "set hosts to cydia on exit" is unchecked.
keith
keith - December 29, 2011 at 10:34am
Solved my problem by switching to latest releases of redsnow mac, 0.9.9b9d (there are newer ones than that now I think) That got me back into jailbroken phone, once back with Cydia I then had to unlock with ultrasnow, which gave me back access to my sim.
Carlos Vinagre
Carlos Vinagre - December 29, 2011 at 2:24pm
I tried the redsnow 0.9.9b2d but i made my custom ipsw and then when i try to go to itunes and do the update with the custom firware NO_BB it just freezes almost in the end of the process and it fails to install....i already tried the same with the latest versions of redsnow and pwnage tool and it happens always the same. I have a 3GS with 4.2.1 unlocked with ultrasnow
Smitty
Smitty - December 31, 2011 at 10:16pm
What was your configuration before updating & unlocking? Baseband etc?
Andre
Andre - March 11, 2012 at 5:49am
Alright, I just bought an iPhone from a frined. It is a 3g, 16gb, great condition, Jailbroken and unlocked. It is 4.2.1 and baseband 5.13.04. It is running really slow so i want to restore, jailbreak using greenp0ison, and unlock with redsnow, will this work for my baseband and jailbreak. please someone leave a reply or inbox me I really need to know. I ca get people to do this but i dont trust them nor do i want to pay for it when i could do it myself.