AT&T is making it easy for customers to prepare for their iPhone 3G purchase by posting "Get iReady" tips and frequently asked questions at www.att.com/iphone. The site also includes a link for customers to check their upgrade eligibility and other wireless account information.
"iPhone will arrive for AT&T customers in Puerto Rico on October 17," said Jose Juan Davila, vice president and general manager of AT&T's wireless operations in Puerto Rico. "AT&T is committed to offering the most innovative products and services to our customers, and we are pleased to be part of this great milestone in our market."
New AT&T customers who wish to port or retain their phone number from another wireless carrier should consider bringing a copy of a bill from their current service provider. Customers will be asked to provide account information as it appears on record with their current provider, including:
* Account number
* Name of the account holder
* Account holder's Social Security number or Tax ID
* Billing address
* PIN or password (if applicable)
Pricing and Eligibility
iPhone 3G will be available for $199 for the 8GB model and $299 for the 16GB model. These prices require two-year contracts and are available to the following:
* Customers activating a new line with AT&T.
* Current AT&T customers who are eligible, at the time of purchase, for an upgrade discount.
* Current customers who are not eligible for an upgrade discount can purchase iPhone 3G for $399 for the 8GB model or $499 for the 16GB model. Both options require a new two-year service agreement. Current customers may also choose to wait until they become eligible for an upgrade discount. Eligibility is generally determined by amount of time remaining on a current contract and payment history.
Current AT&T customers who are upgrading to iPhone 3G will pay an $18 upgrade fee and new AT&T customers will pay the standard $36 activation fee.