September 29, 2022
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Mac) [5.1.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Mac) [5.1.1]

Posted June 18, 2012 at 8:35am · 24 comments · Add Comment
Specialkcl
Specialkcl - May 17, 2012 at 3:24pm
Works untethered on old Bootrom !!!!!! Just installed and tested!!!!!
Adam
Adam - May 17, 2012 at 3:34pm
How'd you do that?
Specialkcl
Specialkcl - May 18, 2012 at 2:34am
Actually i had iOs 5.0 with tethered jailbreake, installed , so i thought maybe if i point redsn0w to the 5.1.1 ipsw and do an aditional jailbreak i would get to the update of the ios in the process, WRONG, the jailbreak at one point hung, so i waited until i ran out of battery, becouse nothing worked, no hard reset nothing. Once out of battery i pluged in my iphone, waited until i had enough charge, Everything booted normaly back into ios 5.0, so i decidet to do the update using the update option in itunes, onece i was on 5.1., strangly i still had the apps instaled through instaleuse (cracked apps) still installed but not working, obviously i had no jailbreak, so i just followed this jailbreak tutorial and everithing was back to normal, cydia installed and working, i also found that the cydia repositories that i had installed manualy where all still there and working as well as my aplications installed through cydia and MOST IMPORTANT Jailbrake untethered. Luck ??? i don´t know but thats what i did. Cheers
Adam
Adam - May 17, 2012 at 2:28pm
Just done this and it hasn't even installed Cydia? I've done this loads of times before with no problems?
Carl
Carl - April 24, 2012 at 12:42pm
Everytime the pineapple finishes and reboots I'm left with a apple logo for so long I don't know what to do please help
Arthur
Arthur - May 17, 2012 at 6:06am
That's where you have to rerun the boot tethered option. You will always have to rerun the boot tethered when your phone is turned off in anyway.
Chris
Chris - April 9, 2012 at 2:50am
Can somebody please tell me why I'm getting "exploit failed" after the uploaded of stage 2 of the jailbreak? My baseband is 06.15.00 and it's an iPhone 3GS made week 34. Any answer would be appreciated as I've been trying to do this for fecking days now!
Tario70
Tario70 - May 17, 2012 at 7:09am
Make sure you're creating a No Baseband version of the IPSW, then you want to boot into Pwned DFU, then use iTunes to restore to 5.1.1. then you should re-run redsn0w to jailbreak. I have no idea why you're getting the exploit failed message, but I know that iOS 5 & the iPad Baseband do not play nice at all.
Shawn
Shawn - April 4, 2012 at 8:39am
New iPhone 3gs (5.1) owner and first time jailbreaking/unlocking. Everything works as described in the tutorial. I would just like to know if the jailbreak on this device will ever be untethered?
unixes
unixes - March 14, 2012 at 10:26am
After JB , no more GSM signal. Just ''searching...'' all the time, even without a SIM card inside. I'm on 06.15.00.
unixes
unixes - March 14, 2012 at 11:48pm
Finally fixed following this tutorial http://cydiablog.com/unlock-ios-5.1-iphone-4-3gs-ultrasn0w-fixer-for-5.1/
Chris Burroughs
Chris Burroughs - April 9, 2012 at 2:21am
Easy fix mate, open Cydia, search for Ultrasnow Fix 5.1 install, then reinstall Ultrasnow, reboot, and bingo, your signal should be back. Now if anyone can tell me why I am getting "exploit failed" every time. I should mention my baseband is 06.15.00, is that affecting it?
laura
laura - April 20, 2012 at 1:35pm
me pasa lo mismo.... =(
noelski08
noelski08 - May 20, 2012 at 5:39am
Install ultrasnow fixer 5.1.1 first then install dev teams ultrasnow that supports baseband 6.15.00. then insert the sim card. You should have signal by then. at least its a temporary co'z it goes out sometimes.