Here is what Orbicule had to say about the update:
With Undercover 2, we hope to recover even more stolen Macs:
- We added a dead-Mac-timeout feature: if a Mac is not connected to the net for more than two months, plan B will automatically kick in. That way, we hope to recover at least some of the stolen Macs that are never connected to the Internet.
- Undercover now only connects to the Internet when a network change occurs, dramatically reducing network traffic, while making the system even more aggressive.
- Memory footprint and CPU usage have been dramatically reduced. In most cases, memory footprint is down 75%.
- In addition, Undercover 2 sports dozens of under-the-hood improvements and fixes.
- Last but not least, Undercover is now compatible with Tiger and Leopard. One version now works on both operating systems.