June 8, 2023
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Absinthe 2.0 (Mac) [5.1.1]

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Absinthe 2.0 (Mac) [5.1.1]
Comments

Posted May 28, 2012 at 1:54am · 96 comments · Add Comment
Angela
Angela - December 24, 2013 at 8:34am
What should I do when I run jailbreak it says " already jailbroken". How do I reinstall cyndia icon , so I can unlock my iPhone 4S?? Please advice . Thank you very much.
Paul Paulsen
Paul Paulsen - August 11, 2013 at 11:14am
ICLARIFLIED JAILBREAK IST ILLEGAL!!
abdulmajeed
abdulmajeed - March 19, 2013 at 12:01pm
شكرا
bob jones
bob jones - December 9, 2012 at 4:19am
what if your iphone says " already jailbroken"? Except the cydia icon vanished along time ago.
didier
didier - September 24, 2012 at 6:49pm
more 30€, thx for nothing, absinthe not open
okasan
okasan - September 18, 2012 at 2:14am
Jailbreak doesn't open in my mac... I have the new Lion system... is that the problem?
dmac
dmac - July 10, 2012 at 3:35pm
Hello, I have a 4s 5.1.1 but i´m stuck in the activation process... I dont have the originial sim card and I would like to jailbrake. Any solution? Thanks a lot.
lepaka
lepaka - July 4, 2012 at 7:17am
a free iPhone 4S 5.1.1 in Germany, i did the Jailbreak, everything went well as expected. i installed only the NCSettings to have the on/off switches available. i became negatively suprised with the battery behaviour. It consumes much more battery and takes much more time to re-charge it. conclusion, i restore back the 5.1.1 as i had it before. sorry guys, you did a great work, but the iOS 5 have some issues with the battery life, and jailbreaking it will drown it faster :(
Abubaker
Abubaker - June 23, 2012 at 10:24am
lol last image fails cydia is moved to the next page whilst the next imagethere are only 3 pages
Amelia Elliott
Amelia Elliott - July 3, 2012 at 4:40pm
Rahul
Rahul - August 16, 2012 at 4:24am
Hey, that post leaves me feeling foolsih. Kudos to you!
Bernz Gacskie
Bernz Gacskie - June 19, 2012 at 4:58am
how to use jailbreak Absinthe 2.0 on my iPhone 5.1.1
Beatriz
Beatriz - August 13, 2012 at 2:53pm
wow sorry for not replieing. What i meen by Compatible Wi-Fi rtoeur is that the rtoeur had wi-fi signals in it. I have a D-Link Dl-542 which i connect 2 PC's wirelessly and others things in between eg. Ipod Touch. This rtoeur isnt the strongest of rtoeurs but has inbuilt wi-fi connectivity. I recommend a rtoeur like this.Hope i helped you
Mick
Mick - June 11, 2012 at 12:41pm
i've jailbreak my iphone 4s Sprint with Absinthe and then Gevey to unlock and use it with my carrier....everything seems to be working fine except the Vibrate does not work. Can some suggest if there is a tweak or if it is a hardware issue??
Ailes
Ailes - June 5, 2012 at 4:42am
Everything works fine except VIBRATE does not work after jailbreak What do you think? should I restore the phone?
Anass
Anass - July 19, 2012 at 2:45am
I went through the steps for my 3gs and ueaptdd 06.15.00, Cydia installed fine but I lost my stock apps. No safari, apps store, etc. All I have is Videos, Weateher, Reminderd, Newstand, Settings, Youtube,Stocks, Utils, and Cydia. Any ideas what went wrong and if anything I can do from here! Thanks
Thones
Thones - May 31, 2012 at 6:03pm
Hi, i have problem with iPhone 4s 5.1.1 very single open cydia.they say ( -GPG error ....... - Failed to fetch .... -some index file failed ......) but if i press Return to Cydia bottom every look find. I need some from iClearified thank you
Niranjan
Niranjan - August 14, 2012 at 7:13am
lol this case doesn't add much bulk at all to be honest. if you're looikng to comment on a case thats ugly and adds bulk check out pretty much any OtterBox case video. Those cases are HUGE. and yes, i've heard of invisible shields (i even have a video for it) but they don't protect against falls/drops, just scratches
Babel
Babel - May 30, 2012 at 2:28am
Worked for my unlocked 4S 64gb, although some icons have been turning completely white, randomly, maybe changes from one icon to another after installing or updating an app. White icons could be settings button now, later mail or itunes or music or combination of some, and up to 3 icons at once, all in the iphone's first screen. Still, phone is working normally though. Just weird.
Ric
Ric - August 14, 2012 at 11:08pm
Just open up cydia and iwipe cache! Install it and confirm! Then icon will appear on the screen, everytime your icon turns white, tap the iwipe cache icon or reinstall and your icon will be fix!
Ric
Ric - August 14, 2012 at 11:10pm
Just open up cydia and search iwipe cache and install that!
Joe
Joe - May 29, 2012 at 2:00pm
Absinthe stopped near the end at the "waiting for reboot", but the iphone seems to be working already. but having reception problems. keeps jumping to "no service" and back to one or two signal bars. would re-jailbreaking fix the problem?
accelonace
accelonace - May 29, 2012 at 1:30pm
Your iPhone has to be activated to jailbreak using absinthe. Does anyone know a way around this issue?
bd
bd - June 2, 2012 at 12:51am
i had the same issue with absinthe but i tried with snowbreeze instead and in there it gives you the option of activating. here's a link: http://www.iphone4jailbreak.org/download-sn0wbreeze-2-9-5-snowbreeze-5-1-1-jailbreak.html hope this helped!
mk
mk - June 8, 2012 at 6:55pm
Snowbreeze does not support 4s. Anyone found a solution for 4s yet.
maru2lo
maru2lo - May 29, 2012 at 12:22am
PwnageTool 5.1.1???? when???
maru2lo
maru2lo - May 29, 2012 at 12:17am
hola a todos, por favor, alguien que responda; tengo la version 5.0.1 con jailbreak y quiero actualizar a la version 5.1.1 con JB, como lo debo de hacer? actualizo a la version 5.1.1 y luego hago el JB??? pero, se perderan todos mis aplicaciones? hi, someone please respond, I have version 5.0.1 with jailbreak and I want to upgrade to version 5.1.1 to JB, as I do? update to version 5.1.1 and then do the JB??? but will be lost all my applications?
angel
angel - May 29, 2012 at 3:41am
no si le haces update . no restore.
Rod Peel
Rod Peel - May 29, 2012 at 11:17am
Hasta ahora he JB'd un 3GS y un 4S. En ambos casos, que una copia de seguridad luego se actualiza a 5.1.1 a continuación, aplicar la absenta a JB. Con el 3GS no me borrar todas las configuraciones y los datos tal como se aconseja primero y el JB tomó aproximadamente 13 horas para completar la totalidad y no se reinicie al final (un reinicio manual hizo el truco). El 4S se despejó primero y el JB tomó unos 5 minutos mac entonces yo me devolvió la unidad de negocio y todo estaba bien, con una excepción. La App Store ahora me dice que tiene 45 actualizaciones de espera! No hay pérdida de aplicaciones! Espero que esto ayude. So far I have JB'd a 3GS and a 4S. In both cases I backed up then updated to 5.1.1 then applied absinthe to JB. With the 3GS I did not clear all settings and data first as advised and the JB took approximately 13 hours to complete fully and failed to reboot at the end (a manual reboot did the trick). The 4S was cleared first and the JB took about 5 minutes mac then I restored my BU and all was OK with one exception. The App Store now tells me I have 45 updates waiting! No loss of Apps! I hope this helps.
Luis
Luis - May 30, 2012 at 1:58am
Hazle un update via itunes o wi-fi y luego dale un jb. No perderas nada.
Luis
Luis - May 30, 2012 at 2:08am
Miento, en mi caso no perdi nada ya que mi 4s no estaba jb de principio. Es muy probable que te lo deje como nuevo y si perderas todo. Haz un backup primero. Luego actualiza, jb y restaura.
Rod Peel
Rod Peel - May 28, 2012 at 10:49pm
JB'd my 3GS last night. It took 12 hours but was successful apart from having to manually reboot at the end. Everything worked OK but before doing the restore I loaded Apsync and Installous from Haculous repository and SB Settings from Big Boss (who can manage without these?). This is a must if you have any Apptrakr apps otherwise you may loose them from iTunes.
Dick
Dick - May 28, 2012 at 8:09pm
add this to cydia repo.iparelhose.com/ install 5.1.1 fixer then install ultrasn0w... That will fix the unlock for 5.1.1... As for iMessage and mms and FaceTime and all those issues do NOT hacktivate ur phone just do that custom preserve throught redsnow and when prompted for iTunes put in AT
lars
lars - May 28, 2012 at 3:27pm
so how can i preserve my old baseband? now that SAM doesn't work anymore, i would like to still be able to unlock my iphone in the future..
Truman
Truman - May 28, 2012 at 6:06pm
Is Ultrasnow working with this jailbreak? Can I update with a CFW, preserve BB and unlock?
Buky
Buky - May 28, 2012 at 12:16pm
Hey, thanks for this, finally a jailbreak, works perfectly but... any idea if theres gonna be a fix on the camera roll thingy?
emy
emy - May 26, 2012 at 5:02pm
Any solutions for this error yet?: "The attached device is not activated. You need to activate it before it can be used with Absinthe." i have iphone 4s ,5.1.1
Zeb
Zeb - May 29, 2012 at 5:07am
Try this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V9rocy9AqQ works for 5.1.1
thanvib
thanvib - May 30, 2012 at 10:42am
After erasing your phone content, you just have to activate the phone...with basic settings like, language, location etc....skip the apple account option. Now reconnect the phone with Absinte and enjoy jailbreaking... Hope it works.
rt
rt - May 26, 2012 at 1:33pm
i restored and jb my iPhone 4 5.1.1 last night using absinth 2.0.1 then i tried to add hacklulo repo then tried to install some apps.. and i got the http://1.1 500 etc. error" i restored my iPhone 4 again and tried to connect with absinth, it says "sorry, the attached device is not supported". pls help. why do i get the error when i tried to install apps from cydia or instalous?
Pedro
Pedro - May 26, 2012 at 11:29pm
It happened with me too! But here is the fix! I realized Apple just released this 5.1.1 (9b208) version, patching Absinthe's exploit. All you need to do is restore your iPhone from a 9b206 version (that you can find here http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/) and Absinthe will recognize it! Enjoy it!
Rt
Rt - May 28, 2012 at 11:16am
Thanx Pedro, that's why there's 2 ipsw that apple released. 9b206 and 9b208. I noticed that yesterday! Now I jb my new iPad, iPod touch 4th gen, ip4 and ip4s ü. god bless!!
Rod Peel
Rod Peel - May 28, 2012 at 10:53pm
Absinth 2.0.2 is meant to be stable with 206 and 208
Rt
Rt - May 30, 2012 at 3:30pm
Did they released the 2.0.2 already? That's great!
solidst8
solidst8 - May 26, 2012 at 6:16am
O.M.G. can't be this easy. Thanks Dream Team and iClarified!
Guy
Guy - May 26, 2012 at 4:26am
1. Does the updated absinthe 2.0.1 work with os 10.6.8? Because I'm getting device not recognized for my iPhone 4 vers 5.1.1 also getting same error on windows. 2. Also after I updated to 5.1.1 - I also restored my last sync with my contacts etc immediately following my update, now was I just supposed to update 5.1.1 and skip restore my last sync? Till after jb? And if my memory serves me right if I was to skip the restore backup I don't think I would have gotten my carrier connection. Anyone please. Thx.
Dawn
Dawn - May 26, 2012 at 4:23am
Hi, pls can anyone help me? I had the tethered jb on 5.1 iphone 4 (sim free)... Backed up and updated to 5.1.1 so i could use Absinthe 2.0.1 but it says my device is not supported. I've also tried going back to tethered one on Redsn0w 5.1.1 but it runs half way and i get an "unrecognised build" message with 'fingerprint:' and a stringe of letters & numbers. On iTunes, it still shows i've got 7gb 'other' files on my phone. Pls any ideas on what to do? Cheers!
anyone else having issues with ipad3?
anyone else having issues with ipad3? - May 26, 2012 at 4:18am
im having a problem jailbreaking my iPad 3 iOS 5.1.1 wifi . i got it all restored and clean. i opened up Absinthe 2.0.1 and ran the program and its currently stuck at "waiting for reboot" and its been there for about 30 minutes. i was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. and if they have do you have a fix?
Freak
Freak - May 26, 2012 at 8:41am
Had the se issue on mac, couldn't get it to work.. On a windows pc it did in the end!
sonnny
sonnny - May 26, 2012 at 1:35pm
ha. I was stuck at that screen all night. next morning, I decided to power off the device and restart it. (while still connected) following the reboot, greenpoison updated some files as a final step and said everything was great. And it was!
Angel
Angel - May 26, 2012 at 4:15am
Will this work on iPhone 4s sprint
pedro
pedro - May 25, 2012 at 10:41pm
Hi i'm trying to do the untheter jailbreak but it's doing it can you please help with iphone 4 it says device not supported and 3gs everytime i click jailbreak it says device already jailbreak. Both iphones are tether jailbreak on ios 5.1.1 is this a problem?
Jim
Jim - May 25, 2012 at 10:04pm
Well Im an iphone 4 user also an ultrsn0w user and i did preserve my baseband as usual to 5.1.1 then jail broke and installed ultrasn0w and getting "No Service"
Truman
Truman - May 25, 2012 at 11:05pm
Did you fix your problem? Did u used Redsnow 0.9.11b4 to make a custom firmware, preserve your baseband, jailbreak and then use Rocky Racoon or how did you do it? Does Ultrasnow 1.2.5 works on iPhone 4 bb 01.59.00 on IOS 5.1.1?
Genghis Khan
Genghis Khan - May 25, 2012 at 7:57pm
I lost cydia, I can't see cydia, what happened?
TomTom
TomTom - May 25, 2012 at 6:18pm
Hey guys. I did the jailbreak, and it was very easy. But now none of the Big Boss repos, or ModmyI repos will load. I rebooted the phone, refreshed the app, nothing works. Did the repos move? They are completely blank. Thanks!
rt
rt - May 26, 2012 at 1:12pm
i have the same problem, when i tried to install some apps from cydia theres an error like "http://1.1 500 internal server error" most of the apps can't be downloaded.
Sonny
Sonny - May 26, 2012 at 1:31pm
Hi There, I was worried my jailbreak had gone badly after I had this exact problem, but I followed some instructions online which fixed it. Can't find the URL now, but it's basically 1. Turn off wifi and shutdown. 2. Plug ios device into computer and restart.(yep, weird) 3. Open cydia (nothing will work) 4. Power off the ios device (with cydia still open) 5. restart, turn on wifi and open up cydia. 5. Upgrade essentials. - worked perfectly for me and all repostiories are showing up.
stensgaard
stensgaard - May 25, 2012 at 5:55pm
I´m crying, knowing it will not work on mountain lion :(
stensgaard
stensgaard - May 25, 2012 at 5:58pm
Ups, found the guide to make it work.. awesome :)
Chris
Chris - May 25, 2012 at 5:49pm
Tried it twice worked the 2nd time but none of my itunes music or videos play
khan
khan - May 25, 2012 at 5:09pm
jailbreak for ipad 2 is not working
En23
En23 - May 25, 2012 at 3:54pm
Worked fine on both my i4 and i4s, many thanks
Tom
Tom - May 25, 2012 at 3:16pm
Does this hacktivation of the iPhone?
john
john - May 25, 2012 at 3:10pm
bigboss and zodtt sources are empty. can't download my purchased packages :(
TomTom
TomTom - May 25, 2012 at 5:08pm
same here, the bigboss repo and Modmyi repo are empty
Jack Schitt
Jack Schitt - May 25, 2012 at 3:03pm
Do you just upgrade to 5.1.1 without preserving older baseband? If so, will you still be able to unlock using UltraSnow with newer baseband? Very confusing considering we were previously warned to preserve old baseband if we wanted to unlock with UltraSnow.