What are Vocalia's key features?
* Is a voice dialing application supporting large address books (up to 5,000 contacts)
* Supports English and French at this time
* Runs entirely on the iPhone, without network connection
* Doesn't send private information to some unknown and far away servers
* Provides default working phonemic transcriptions for all contacts (no additional work required to record contacts)
* Dispays phonetization progress, now user stoppable, with incremental saving
* No "Tap to speak"
* Displays visual effects responding to sound and gravity (a.k.a "Vocalia's Eye").
With Vocalia, it is possible to ...
* Define additional vocal shortcuts ("My best friend") in addition to the name ("John Doe")
* Split first and last name (saying "John" will display all corresponding entries of the address book)
* Select the number of speech recognition results shown (from 1 up to 10 names)
* Limit the extent to the speech recognition to groups
* Ask the iPhone to vibrate when ready
* Shake the iPhone to try again.
Pricing & Availability
Vocalia is now available in French and English in the whole world on iTunes's App Store. We apply a special pricing of USD 3.99 (EUR 2.99) until 24th November to celebrate this world event. Afterwards, Vocalia will cost USD 7.99 (EUR 5.99).