Apple Introduces the New iPhone 5

Apple Introduces the New iPhone 5

iFanboy - September 13, 2012 at 11:44am
Been reading all these negative comments but no one's coming up with some suggestions on what they want. So let's talk fact and not shite. In my family we got the 3g, 4, 4s, iPod touch, ipad 2, iMac 27" and Samsung S3. Let's start off with build quality. If u like plastic fantastic- go Samsung . If you like serious build quality - go apple. By the way good build quality costs money. No debate there. If you like a big screen- go Samsung. If you got smaller pockets- go Apple. If you want more crappy apps that crash more- go Android. If you want to tweak and fiddle ( customize) the os, android is best. If you just want everything to work, iOS is best. Windows 8- presently unknown in comparison, no track history. Do some reading on android fragmentation and look at long term outcomes. If you're looking for quantity of apps- go iOS. If you looking for app quality- go iOS. Win 8- too far behind the 8 ball right now. If you take photos, apple wins in picture quality hands down. S3 close to 4s, but with the 5's new tech looks like it'll be blown away, same for Nokia 920. If you've got a family and you want ease of use, platform compatibility, reliability and product quality across the whole spectrum from music players, smartphones, tablets and pc right now Apple wins hands down. If you are looking for an inexpensive phone- go android. If you don't have a money issue- apple. Oh and if you don't have the money- don't slag Apple for that, look in the mirror. Personally I think the android marketplace is cr@p and place Samsung, blackberry, HTC etc in the same boat but then it depends what's important to you. At the moment, if you ain't got an Apple you probably got a lemon!!
Jim - September 13, 2012 at 1:02pm
There is so much shit coming out of your mouth. If you want to carry a phone that is as heavy as brick then go for iPhone and when all that weight falls to the ground then it shutters, Samsung might be plastic but it so much lighter and more resistant. All major official apps have been released on both platforms and actually android ones are sometimes better as Apple puts restrictions on what you're allowed to do with the app. If you're talking about some shitty apps done by a teenager in their bedroom then i won't know as i do not use them. You might be one of those that go on holiday only with your phone as a camera. I don't think you have ever seen a good quality picture. The phone camera id only good on a drunken night out. As for app store vs market place it's all the same shit, you type in search what you want, get a list of apps and press install. What else do you want.
iFanboy - September 14, 2012 at 9:03am
Jim. U gotta do better than the weight of the iphone. My petite 5 foot wife and 8 yr old never complained about weight. Oh yea and now with the arrival of the iPhone 5 at 112 gms, your plastic fantastic is now the brick- all 21gms heavier!!! So, in my opinion, your argument on weight is a non starter. With reference to your comments on the camera, I was comparing smartphones not comparing pic quality with SLR's. I've been in consumer electronics for over 20 years and own a Leica R8 with lenses so know my bacon on photography. No smartphone comes even close to a decent SLR. So my friend, whose talking shit now? Reknaw.
Chris F - September 14, 2012 at 6:55pm
FYI, Most of the greatest/successful Tech companies were started by teenagers in their bedrooms!!!!
iFail - September 13, 2012 at 6:44am
I have to go with Nokia Lumia 920. Unfortunately I waited 2 years for nothing. Apple FAIL!
Attitude1 - September 13, 2012 at 1:14am
My heart is in pain… the post Steve Jobs era is not impressive. Tim Cook doesn't have the summon power as Steve Jobs. I'm following the live blog this morning and unable to see Jonathon Ive. Is he frustrated of the leaked mockup of iPhone5 before the launching? I still wonder why there was music band singing during the keynote. I'm afraid Apple is going down slowly... Sadly. Why Steve left us so early :(
Pierre - September 12, 2012 at 10:00pm
In scandinavia, we area f**ked !! 1800 freq. What a f**k. We are the one area worldwide Hanving the best LTE coverage in the world.I just got an Android supporting 2600 and 900 ,s3 ! Apple just forgot europé Again like With the new ipAd. Too bad.former Apple fan WHO is an expert if the Lte Network ,Both on eNodeB side and Core like Mme and spgw !!! Hope there Will be à model B otherwise they Will Lose almost the front edge market of the technoligy !
solferico - September 12, 2012 at 9:57pm
Well, sure it's better than my iPhone4, and uglier also, but I feel no need to updgrade. I upgraded from 3G to 4 because the leap was incredible, not only in design, but in new features (front camera, compass, retina, HD video recording ...) but now I feel that 5 is just an enhanced 4 with nothing new. And it's more than two years from then (iPhone4 was presented in June). I they could do a revolution in two years between 3G and 4, why not between 4 and 5? And I'm surprised that this time Apple didn't present a phone heavily advanced compared to main competitors. In fact, I feel it's just paired with them (better scenario). Dissapointing like the new Motorola Razor HD presented few days ago (same old thing, enhanced). Nokia did a much better work with the Lumia 920. I was desperately waiting for Apple to give me a good reason to upgrade, but right now I think I'm staying with my loved, beautiful and super useful iPhone 4 :-( And the truth be told, this year I already got a MBP and an iPad3 ;-)
T Hui - September 12, 2012 at 9:30pm
I just want to say that those who think a bigger screen is always better is dead wrong. It is not about how big a screen should be but how clear the screen is especially measured by dpi. The DPI is more important than screen size and total pixels. Also, cameras and total Megapixels are overrated. It is about the quality of the lens NOT MP of the camera. Also, most stores don't have NFC technology so phones don't need that feature yet. I'm so sick of people seeing the specs first hand and judge it already without even trying it yet.
Kingz - September 12, 2012 at 9:16pm
U gotta hold To it to judge it, I can't really say shit just by looking at pics nd reding about it. You dont buy a car without test driving it first. Test the new iPhone and I'm sure you all will live it
Mc - September 12, 2012 at 11:27pm
Test what? We were using iphones from 2007. What will change with this one? The bigger screen?
A.K - September 12, 2012 at 9:11pm
When apple introduce the 4S they said it will have much longer battery life then the 4 but then what happened turned out the 4S has less battery time then the 4... I think the same thing will happen to iPhone 5... Plus there is nothing new impressing with iPhone 5, there is nothing that attracts u or let u be amazed... The same sh*t but got older taller a bit smarter...
javier - September 12, 2012 at 8:31pm
@cc there will be no unlocked version because of lte bands different for every country
Armani - September 12, 2012 at 8:25pm
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. This is nothing to be proud off. It took them 1 year to just make it slightly taller... are they kidding me?