How to Upgrade Your iPhone 4, 3GS Without Updating the Baseband (Windows)

How to Upgrade Your iPhone 4, 3GS Without Updating the Baseband (Windows)

mukesh - January 27, 2013 at 5:50pm
At present my phone (3gs) is on 4.0.1 and it is jailbraken and unlocked. (earlier it is factory locked). Now if I upgrade with above steps will it be unlocked and jail break?
pubudu - January 28, 2013 at 3:24am
I also have the same Q .. any one know the answ ??
felix - January 16, 2013 at 2:29pm
maaf saya sudah menjalankan cara ini dan ternyata mendapatkan notification no remote blobs found.. bagaimana solusinya??iphone 3gs
Bharat - January 12, 2013 at 7:01am
I am not able to go ahead of the Blob dialog box. It asks to select Blob and I do not have any in the remote as well as Local. Iphone 3gs trying to upgrade to IOs 6.0 Plz help
Phil - December 30, 2012 at 8:34pm
after reading through a bunch of comments it seems like this error 2601 is pretty common. is it coming when trying to get to ios 6. im just trying to get to ios 5 but i need to use the gevey sim after so i need to preserve the baseband. so if anyone can reply and tell me if this works for ios 5 any help would be appreciated.
Benoski - December 23, 2012 at 8:15pm
How can I do this without getting "Exploit failed"?
Michaelkirchner - December 9, 2012 at 3:38pm
Need I.s.o 4.3 update without computer for iPhone 4 cdma
Simaeswa - November 25, 2012 at 10:53pm
Hello! I have done all the steps exactly the way it was shown, but on process twelve, it gave a message saying: "COULDN'T FIND 6.0 (10A403) BLOBS FOR THIS DEVICE ON THE APPLE OR CYDIA SERVERS. PLEASE CLICK OK TO BROWSE FOR ANY YOU MAY HAVE SAVED LOCALLY." Then the process stops. is there a workaround?
feroz - January 14, 2013 at 7:20pm
me too, did you find any solution?
Bharat - January 28, 2013 at 5:54am
Hi, Did u get any solution ?? Same problem here. It asks for Blobs and then stops. Don't have any Blobs.
zHooTer - November 16, 2012 at 1:11pm
Should I jailbreak my phone first before doing this process, or this process will automatically jailbreak my phone from the unjailbroken state while preserving my baseband? I've read so many articles here and there, and it's kinda mixed up in my brain making me totally confused to where should i start. iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) BB 4.12.01 Status: Locked Contract expiration: Dec. 30, 2012 MAIN OBJECTIVE: Unlock (Is it right that i need to jailbreak my phone first to be able to unlock it once the unlock is available as my 1st option? 2nd option is factory unlock, which i don't have any idea yet) THANKS!
Michael kirchner - December 9, 2012 at 3:31pm
Need updated to I.s.o 4.3
Marco - November 12, 2012 at 6:12pm
I've entered DFU mode, but I did not see redsnow restoring my 3GS, now its not restoring and redsnow don't give the option to it. iTunes says my phone is in DFU mode, Can I ask iTunes to Restore it or not?
Marco - November 12, 2012 at 7:11pm
Just solved by myself, but was not updated... Still on 4.3.3. Tryed again and did not work again. Last info was that Exploit has failed. Whats happening?
Kross - November 11, 2012 at 7:52pm
I have an iphone 4 GSM ( NOT4s ), i am the original owner, running cios 4.1 ( jailbroken and unlocked with limera1n ) back when the phone was NEW. Following this tutorial attempting to upgrade to ios 5.1 using redsn0w 0.9.15b3 windows, after step Eleven where the phone successfully goes into DFU mode, the program returns me to the IPSW select screen and will not create a"restore image" on its own as the tutorial suggests. The "Next" button is the only dim button. Everything else is selectable.
Kross - November 11, 2012 at 8:03pm
I should also add that I am on the actual administrator account, and when attempting to "Fetch" SHSH blobs from redsnow 0.9.15b3 it says that I am not entering into DFU mode correctly but I've done it literally 100 times the same exact way and it works perfectly every time when doing it in "RESTORE" mode.