How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS From iOS 6.x to iOS 5.x (Windows)

How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS From iOS 6.x to iOS 5.x (Windows)

bmunasque - June 18, 2013 at 3:55am
I followed every instruction on this tutorial but i always end up with the error "your iphone is in recovery mode" and when i turn it on it is still in 6.1.3. I have all my blobs save from 5.1.1.. Does this really work?! Becuse i have read from another article that redsnow is not yet supporting ios 6.1.3 !! And this article was made before 6.1.3 was released. I also tried to use snowbreeze but i can"t see the ifaith option on the launched window. I also tried another option with the use of redsnow and itunes altogether but i keep getting errors in itunes.. I just want to go back to 5.1.1 because ios 6.1.3 sucks on my 3gs; it drains my battery in just 6 hours of normal use..
Kamran - June 15, 2013 at 6:59pm
I hv done successfully ( How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS From iOS 6.x to iOS 5.x (Windows)) but after this when i tried to configure my iphone i.e language,region,enable location, etc...it is asking me to connect with wifi or to use iTunes for further configuration, when i connect with wifi and press next it goes somewhere and message appearing that "activation request could not be completed. if the problem persists, please connect customer care". Actually my iphone 3gs was factory unlocked with the version 4.2, recently i updated the version 5.1.1 but Accidently my sister upgraded the version 6, my location is Pakistan is there anyone who can answer/help me in this matter how can i configure my iphone.please email me at koolacidd@yahoo.com.....thanks
bmunasque - June 18, 2013 at 4:56am
Use unlock service thru IMEI. Ebay is much cheaper, just look for it. Your iphone was unlocked thru software.. Try IMEI unlock because it is a permanent one.
TE COJO - June 6, 2013 at 1:38am
guys buy factory unlock codes from www.ebay.com very reliable unlock codes.
la paloma - June 6, 2013 at 1:35am
firmware don't work at all for windows.
Sohaib Shah - May 5, 2013 at 7:14pm
I am strucking off at the time when it rebootsing "exploit fails". I am doing according to the stepwise procegor as it is written. it shows me the error say please help me out in this matter. it would be highly appreciated.. thanks
Arslan Shafiq - April 25, 2013 at 9:22am
tthank you very much..
Kemil - April 5, 2013 at 5:24am
Nothing easier; downloaded, installed, 3 easy and clear steps followed and one click... TADA! my phone came back alive. Thanks guys.
Rauf - March 24, 2013 at 12:29pm
i want to downgrade to ma prev version and to the previous way with all my files and apps in it....can it be done??i lost all my files updatin it from ios4 to ios6.1.3....:(
Catalina - March 21, 2013 at 4:48pm
After doing all that, it says that using redsn0w I should jailbreak or do the recovery fix, but it keeps turning on and showing to plug it to iTunes when Itry to turn it on DFU mode. What should I do now?
Irishlad - March 8, 2013 at 5:59am
I got a 3GS given to me that I'm trying to unlock for use on T-Mobile. However, when it was given to me, it had already been updated to iOS 6.1.2 with baseband 05.16.08. I've read as many posts as I can find about unlocking, jailbreaking, and downgrading basebands and it still isn't working. I was able to jailbreak it...and even completed all the steps in the unlock tutorial, but it obviously didn't work because of the baseband. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get off of this baseband and every time I try to restore to an older iOS, (either thru redsn0w or iTunes) the restore fails. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!
MJ - May 1, 2013 at 12:42pm
I have the same problem with my old AT&T locked phone using 6.1.2 ver. 5.16.8 firm. As able to install Cydia, but the phone still doesn't give me the option to choose a different network such as TMobile. We can't factory unlock through no fault of our own. HELP!