October 4, 2022
The iPhone Dev Team Releases the iPhone 3G Unlock

The iPhone Dev Team Releases the iPhone 3G Unlock

Posted January 1, 2009 at 10:24am · 26 comments · Add Comment
besmondfoong
besmondfoong - January 3, 2009 at 2:50pm
THANKS Dev Team !!! i hv 3G IPHONE model MB499LL come from US with 2.1 Firmware unlock with gevey-3G with sigtel carrier...After carefully using the step by step guide,now my iphone total full unlock !!! i just put in my singtel SIM card works!!!!! and i try other SIM card like "starhub & M1" it works too yeah!!!! and i not need to use gevey-3G anymore!! i have to say big big thank you guys "Dev Team you guys did a very great jobs on this new software to unlock it!! thanks for the master piece!
steve
steve - January 3, 2009 at 12:52pm
i put a o2 pay as you go (uk) sim in my 3g iphoned unlocked as stated then put my contract sim back in a guess what yes drops calls signal crap so uninstalled yellowsn0w and yes still crap signal have to restore to solve problem
anwar
anwar - April 24, 2009 at 10:43pm
iphone 3g 2.2.1 unlock
ricardo
ricardo - January 3, 2009 at 8:08am
WANT TO SEE SOLID PROOF OF AN IPHONE 3G WORKING ON TMOBILE USA SEE MY VIDEO AT www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni5dTBxPkt8 . I UPLOADED IT YESTERDAY ITS NOT THE BEST VIDEO BUT IT LOOKS CLEAR AND IT REALLY SHOWS YOU WHAT WORKS.!!!!!!!!!!
xchris_TH
xchris_TH - January 3, 2009 at 5:13am
THANKS Dev Team !!! I'm using the iPhone 3G in Thailand with AIS carrier. After I install the 2.2 and unlock it, it works!!!!! Before i was using a super SIM as a add on card from Hong Kong, but it just work up to 2.1 Again many many Thanks from Thailand
Vilmo Junior
Vilmo Junior - January 2, 2009 at 4:56pm
Consegui 100% fazendo o seguinte: (1) Restaurando no Itunes com Firmware 2.2 aki do site (2) QuickPwn 2.2 aki do site com o Firmware 2.2 tbém daqui (3) Instalando o Yellowsn0w com o cydia http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com (4) Instalando o BR da BIGBOSS e não o do BRPhone (5) Reiniciar (6) Tirar o SIM na hora q aparecer a tela do Unlock (7) Esperar alguns instantes (30-60 segundos) e inserir o chip (8) Instalar o Mobile Terminal no Cydia (9) Digitar no mobileterminal yellowsn0w -r yellowsn0w -c (10) Ir em air port (on) depois (off) (11) 100% Fiz em 6 iphones tudo ok
Phsr
Phsr - January 2, 2009 at 10:15am
Got Jailbroken Iphone from Orange ( France), upated firmware to 2.28.00, installed yellowsn0w 0.91 from Cydia, tryed two different sim cards from UK, one virgin (pay as you go) and one 02 (monthly 3G), both worked. However I had to use the dev team method :" turn off your Iphone turn it back on , then pop the sim out and back in if the network is not recognized after 10 seconds." So I can confirm it worked for boh sims. However when you boot your Iphone, you'll have to redo that method until an update fix it. Update : I just log in to cydia and found out that there is a newer version of yellosn0w. will try it later and see if there is a fix.
Vakis
Vakis - January 2, 2009 at 5:09am
good work for devteam. i have vodafone network from cyprus i try to unlock but nothing.. any help?
Normandy
Normandy - January 1, 2009 at 11:42pm
good work for devteam .. but is they are someone test this soft and work 100 % bcauz i know friend test but with problem no network with anysim card .....
Phsr
Phsr - January 2, 2009 at 10:08am
I've installed yelosn0w (0.91) from Cydia. I'm on Orange (from France) with a 02.28.00 firmware (2.2) Iphone. I tryed two different sim cards from UK. One from Virgin (pay as you go) and one from O2 (monthly 3G). Both worked after following Dev-team instruction." shut down the Iphone, restart it, then pop the sim out and back in if the network is not recognized after 10 seconds. The Iphone will be unlocked until you reboot it. Then you'll have to redo the sim pop out and in method." By running Cydia today, I found out they have an update ( 0.94) for yellowsn0w. I will try it later today and see if there is a change. So for now it looks like it works 100% by following that method.
kg
kg - January 1, 2009 at 9:34pm
this is the biggest news to all iphone user! we really have a wonderful start inyr 2009! thanks for the hard works! Dev team rocks!
Terry
Terry - January 1, 2009 at 5:50pm
This has taken so long to release that I have considered giving up on unlocking. I appreciate the good work from DEV team but I think it is time for me to buy a SIM UNLOCK IPHONE and enjoy the ease of apples automatic updates without the need of new jailbreaks and unlocks.