Hydra goes beyond the physical limitations of camera sensors. From a series of regular photographs of the same scene (some overexposed and some underexposed), Hydra creates an High Dynamic Range (HDR) image which is much closer to what one can actually see. Hydra is a 100% Mac application with a pretty user interface and is the only HDR application with a plug-in for Aperture.
Hydra 2.0's new features:
* "Perceptive", the new default tone mapper for improved and more natural results
* "Homography", the new default alignment technique which is very useful for small distortions
* The Loupe, a new tool for real time 1:1 full quality preview
* The Aperture Plug-in and the stand-alone application now share the same interface
* More Pro Options for tuning every step of the image processing pipeline
Pricing and Availability:
Hydra 2.0 is made of a stand-alone application and a plug-in for Aperture. As of today, Hydra 2.0 can be purchased on Creaceed's website for $79.95 (USD). The upgrade price for Hydra 1.x registered users is $19.95 (USD).