August 19, 2022

How to Jailbreak Your 2G iPod Touch (Mac)

Posted March 11, 2009 at 12:58pm · 83 comments · Add Comment
Stef
Stef - April 9, 2009 at 5:00pm
Thank you very much guys!!! You are great
Dylan
Dylan - April 8, 2009 at 7:39am
hey guys, i'm unable to get past step 16-19, the terminal just says not found or something. PLEASE HELP!
nathan
nathan - April 2, 2009 at 5:13pm
I first put ~/Desktop/Pwnage/iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Custom_Restore.ipsw/Firmware/all_flash/all_flash.n72ap.production and it appears directory found but When I put the bspatch LL....... it appears directory not foundd what can I do someone help Please!
mark Krznaric
mark Krznaric - March 30, 2009 at 1:37am
did this and opened in itunes, but it says this ipod cannot be restored. unknown error 21, then just shows the boot apple screen (on ipod) so i have to restore using normal firmware. so it restored, i tried again but it did the same thing... twice. help!
massimo Di Stefano
massimo Di Stefano - March 29, 2009 at 1:10pm
Hi, i'm able to go ahead until the step : cd /Users/sasha/Desktop/Pwnage ./rslite but unluky when i try to run : [Recovery] !iBSS211.dfu Executing: iBSS211.dfu Memory image not valid Execution error [Recovery] have you a solution for these error ? i'm on osx 10.5.6 intel macbook pro 15''
massimo Di Stefano
massimo Di Stefano - March 29, 2009 at 2:06pm
hummm seems thai i'm not able to put my ipod id dfd mode :-( i followed the instructions, but rslite give mt : recovery instead of dfd i used the automator scripts but maybe it don't woked properly... how can i check if the dfd mode is enabled on my mac ?
massimo Di Stefano
massimo Di Stefano - March 29, 2009 at 2:26pm
OK, i connected the ipod to an usb hub .. now it go in dfd mode and i'm able to go ahead ... it works :-)
Anh Nguyen
Anh Nguyen - March 28, 2009 at 6:16am
Thank you so much! It works really well for me! I have some notes for you guys who reach the step 20 and receive the error 21 about itunes cannot restore (I myself had it). Here is what I did after that: - Restore the firmware iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw - Repeat from the step 18 Then it's gonna be fine. So I guess if you have your ipod up to date (with version greater that iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw) then first restore to that iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw before following the steps in this article. I'm not pretty sure but it may help. Thanks again for helpful article
Poppy
Poppy - March 26, 2009 at 10:30pm
I have Tiger (10.4.11), a 2nd Gen IPOD Touch and I have followed the guide without issues until step 18. My problem is that my IPOD will NOT go into DFU mode. I've tried numerous times and after the 10 second stage, it turns off and I continue holding the HOME button for another 8 seconds. The only thing that happens is that the IPOD disconnects and will not be recognized by my computer until I restart. Any ideas?!!?!!?!?!?!? I'm at wits' end!
Fraser
Fraser - March 25, 2009 at 2:39am
ha much easier and waaaaaay quicker way of jailbreaking ipod touch..... go here and just follow the simple steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrrYfSBBK0I
itgiaw
itgiaw - March 25, 2009 at 12:17am
it said it was restarting. but now it seems to be completely dead. how can i get it to turn on again?
itgiaw
itgiaw - March 25, 2009 at 12:38am
nm, i just plugged it in and held down power and home, then just home and restored the original--this is too much work, im just gona wait for the gui
Hippo
Hippo - June 10, 2009 at 10:52am
I had the same problem. It was because my iPod Wasn't in 2.2.1 I have restart from step 18 and restore 2 times Now, the iPod is in 2.2.1, not Jailbreak, but it wotks and I don't want to do it again after this fear...
Brandon
Brandon - March 24, 2009 at 9:31am
worked like a charm. redsn0wed 32g fully functional. Very good tutorial.