September 29, 2022

How to Jailbreak Your 2G iPod Touch (Mac)

Posted March 11, 2009 at 12:58pm · 83 comments · Add Comment
David Richardson
David Richardson - March 21, 2009 at 11:47pm
Like other users I got to step 19 i typed in ./rslite and I got: david-richardsons-ibook-g4:Pwnage David$ ./rslite -bash: ./rslite: Bad CPU type in executable Can anyone help me please?
Simon Tye
Simon Tye - March 21, 2009 at 1:32pm
I am working on Step Sixteen and have a problem. It says type "make" into terminal, but whenever I do it doesn't match what is on the image. It says: ip70-187-4-97:libusb-0.1.12 simontye$ make make all-recursive Making all in . if /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Werror -no-cpp-precomp -g -O2 -g -Wall -MT usb.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/usb.Tpo" -c -o usb.lo usb.c; \ then mv -f ".deps/usb.Tpo" ".deps/usb.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/usb.Tpo"; exit 1; fi rm: .libs/usb.o: Permission denied rm: .libs/usb.o: Permission denied gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Werror -no-cpp-precomp -g -O2 -g -Wall -MT usb.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/usb.Tpo -c usb.c -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/usb.o /var/folders/Fl/FlY+VeQMFUGeUjHXJ6CthU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccqcZYwj.s:unknown:FATAL:can't create output file: .libs/usb.o make[2]: *** [usb.lo] Error 1 make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make: *** [all] Error 2 Anyone know what I messed up on?
Jeff
Jeff - March 20, 2009 at 2:24pm
When asked to download and use the iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw and iPod2,1_2.1.1_5F138_Restore.ipsw files, does it matter which one we use based on our firmware? Just by looking at the files names, I would expect to extract the 2.2.1 instead of the 2.1.1 since my ipod firmware is 2.2.1. I have followed every step to the last detail the first time around and ended up getting a 1600 error upon the recovery portion [step 20]. I then tried to extract the 2.2.1 instead of the 2.1.1 and ended up getting errors in the terminal window at some point. Any help as to why I'm getting a 1600 error when following the directions perfectly?
jeff
jeff - March 20, 2009 at 10:17pm
Nevermind!! I just re did the whole tutorial and got it!! I must've done something wrong the first time. I don't know what I did, but its working now!
ekafor
ekafor - March 17, 2009 at 3:14pm
Ok, now that i have a jailbroken ipod, how do i put k'd apps onto it? thanks
CuThroat
CuThroat - March 17, 2009 at 12:03am
Did anyone actually get the jailbreak to work who is using Tiger?
cptchaos
cptchaos - March 20, 2009 at 12:52pm
yes, i finally did.... couple of things to consider 1- you need xcode for tiger, wich you can find on your installation discs. 2- you need a different version of rslite not wich has been referred to previously in this thread: http://outgoing.ipodtouchfans.com/?d=aHR0cDovL2lwaHduLm9yZy9yc2xpdGUxMDF1LnppcA~~ 3- personnaly my trouble was with DFU mode. you have to hold lock and home buttons until after you get the "switch off" red slide and your screen turns black (around 10 seconds). then you plug your ipod in your computer. that's about it...
cptchaos
cptchaos - March 20, 2009 at 7:32pm
it's possible to jailbreak using tiger.... 1- you need xcode from your mac OSX installation discs. i couldn't find any version for tiger on the net... 2 you need a different version of rslite than the one linked in the tutorial. follow this link instead: http://outgoing.ipodtouchfans.com/?d=aHR0cDovL2lwaHduLm9yZy9yc2xpdGUxMDF1LnppcA~~ should be fine with that...
Cuthroat
Cuthroat - March 28, 2009 at 6:05pm
This link is for a tethered jailbreak. So if i use this rslite link can i still have an untethered jailbreak?
cptchaos
cptchaos - March 16, 2009 at 9:58am
i don't know if anyone will be able to help me, but it seems i'm unable to put my ipod touch 2g in DFU mode. tried following the tutorial etc, but i always get the apple logo coming in the end or nithing happening however long i hold home button.... any ideas?
terrpy
terrpy - March 19, 2009 at 1:08am
Hook up iPod Touch 2G to your mac, then hold power & home buttons for ten seconds, release power button and continue to hold home button for eight more seconds. After this, the iPod should be off (black) and not responsive to pressing home. At this point, I ran ./rslite, and the results were the same as in this tutorial.
Dave
Dave - March 16, 2009 at 5:05am
i have a problem w/ accessing my terminal? after i installed the libusb folder, i opened up terminal and then typed in "cd ~/Desktop/libusb-0.1.12" and then when i typed ./configure, it said that my request was denied. what do i do? help please!
cptchaos
cptchaos - March 16, 2009 at 10:09am
do you have xcode installed?
ipod 2gBREAKER
ipod 2gBREAKER - March 17, 2009 at 12:19pm
first, you have to have XCode installed... or maybe you are not on the admin account on your computer. I had to give myself admin privileges to do most of the stuff in terminal
Dave
Dave - March 16, 2009 at 4:49am
Ipodtouch2guser
Ipodtouch2guser - March 15, 2009 at 7:40pm
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME... I HAVE BEEN GOOD SO FAR TILL I HAVE TO TYPE IN ./rslite IT IS TELLING ME THAT IT IS DIRECTTORY PLZ HELP
terrpy
terrpy - March 19, 2009 at 1:11am
Make sure you are in the Pwnage folder before running ./rslite
sjobs
sjobs - March 14, 2009 at 7:32pm
great work thanks to this tutorial my ipod is now free at last.