January 29, 2023

How to Jailbreak Your 2G iPod Touch (Mac)

Posted March 11, 2009 at 12:58pm · 83 comments · Add Comment
stun
stun - March 12, 2009 at 6:19pm
I have followed everything perfectly and it has all worked but... i am getting an error 1600 when i come to restore the ipod... any advice?
risker
risker - March 12, 2009 at 9:58am
That would be nice :) or is there another way if you want to jb your touch on windows?
mike
mike - March 12, 2009 at 6:59am
What version of ipod 2g is this for? does it matter? I have 2.1.1 and I was wondering if I should/could upgrade to 2.2.1 before I jailbreak..
docmac
docmac - March 12, 2009 at 8:53pm
yes this is for the newest version, so yea put a fresh restore (of the newest version) before you run pwnage! good luck
bman
bman - March 12, 2009 at 6:25am
Well, I followed the directions exactly, and it worked just fine for me :)
SunJuice
SunJuice - March 12, 2009 at 4:43am
I found the problem the tutorial says to execute "!iBSS211.dfu" but it should be "iBSS211pwn.dfu". Everything was smooth from there on out. Thanks a bunch for the tutorial.
SunJuice
SunJuice - March 12, 2009 at 4:05am
I have the same problem as Clayton Lai, stuck on step 19 I got all the way to [DFU] !iBSS211.dfu Executing: iBSS211.dfu Cannot open specified file
Docmac
Docmac - March 12, 2009 at 8:48pm
Make sure the file you are trying to open is the exact same as the open in terminal. I had the same problem where one of them ended in dfu. instead of dfu w/o the . good luck
Khester
Khester - March 12, 2009 at 2:31am
Actually I am having problems with Step nineteen. I put it the "cd ~/Desktop/Pwnage" no problem but when I put in "./rslite" I get "Bad CPUtype in executable. So I can't go any further. Thanks for the help
Raphael Alves
Raphael Alves - March 14, 2009 at 1:40am
I have the same problem !!!
THANK YOU!
THANK YOU! - March 12, 2009 at 2:25am
Thank you! It worked on my iPod touch 2G. Your tutorial was very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to make it for us Mac users :)
Khester
Khester - March 12, 2009 at 2:23am
Got this far and now I cant put my iPod into DFU mode. Please help... I have been waiting so long for this. I need it to work. Thanks for all your hard work.
Clayton Lai
Clayton Lai - March 12, 2009 at 1:14am
I'm stuck here: Tethys:Pwnage claytonlai$ ./rslite rslite - by the iPhone Dev Team, 2009. --THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED TOOL-- Connecting... Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode) CPID:8720 CPRV:10 CPFM:03 SCEP:01 BDID:00 ECID:0000039B3C190DAF SRTG:[iBoot-240.4] [DFU] !iBSS211.dfu Executing: iBSS211.dfu Cannot open specified file
Clayton Lai
Clayton Lai - March 12, 2009 at 12:42pm
Oh, duh… I had wrongly renamed the .dfu file at the end of Step Fourteen. Instead of "iBSS211.dfu", I had typed "iBSS221.dfu". Works fine now. Thanks for the great tutorial.