Colorate fully automatizes the palette generation from a particular color swatch, selected from the standard Color Panel, dragged from other application or obtained from an image through the integrated Image Analyze feature.
Once the palette has been generated, it is posible to add the new palette to the Library. Colorate can save and open as many Libraries as you want.
Colorate also lets save the selected palettes as standard ".clr" system palette files. This feature enables you to use any of the generated palettes from any Cocoa application that uses the standard Color Panel for color selection.
New to this version:
[NEW] Custom palette blending.
[NEW] German, Danish and Hungarian locaalizations.
[ENH] Application, toolbar and document icons.
[ENH] Better inner color calculations.
[FIX] Patch color modification using CMYK sliders from the Color Panel.
Main features of Colorate at a glance:
- Random Color Palette: Generate a new random palette.
- Blend Color Palette: Generate a new blend palette from the primary and last colors.
- Custom Palette Blending: Generate a new blend palette from two selected colors.
- Gradient Color Palette: Generate a new gradient palette from the primary selected color.
- Gradient Color Palette: Allows the customization of any of the twelve color patches.
- Analyze image: Find the predominant color from the image (not pixel color counting), and build a new palette around it.
- Save color palette: Save a ".clr" file from the selected palette that you can use from any Cocoa application.
Colorate is a full Universal Binary Cocoa application, compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 and later, including Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.