September 27, 2022
How to Enable Tethering for iPhones Using MobileSafari

How to Enable Tethering for iPhones Using MobileSafari

Posted June 18, 2009 at 1:41am · 56 comments · Add Comment
Amory
Amory - October 24, 2011 at 2:21am
None can doubt the veracity of this artlcie.
Polar Bear
Polar Bear - April 3, 2010 at 10:48am
The AT&T (Beta) doesn't work on my iPhone 3G which I manually sync every couple of weeks via iTunes 9.1 (79) via my MacBook Pro running Mac OS X "Snow Leopard" 10.6.3 ERROR MESSAGE (below): Invalid Profile Profile format not recognized OK Please let us know when this works again since my BIGGEST disappointment with the iPhone is no tethering... so I keep my "vintage" Palm Treo 700p on my wife's Sprint account fo r$10 a month for unlimited tethering via USBmodem (Mac) and PDAnet (WinXP Pro)... works GREAT and NO GOOD REASON AT&T CAN'T PROVIDE THIS other than their network couldn't handle the load.
kennie ong
kennie ong - February 28, 2010 at 7:03am
does not work on my iphone 3GS Singapore. And an app with apple logo "helpcenter" appear on my springboard, try to delete it but can't. can anyone help?
JaTT
JaTT - November 16, 2009 at 9:36pm
It says "contact ATT for tethering on this phone".I have an unlocked 3G with 3.1.2 and unlimited txt only no DATA Plan from ATT. Whats missing??
rkp01_jec
rkp01_jec - October 6, 2009 at 9:52am
i am unable to find aircel network in india what can i doooooooooo ?????????????
JaTT
JaTT - November 16, 2009 at 9:31pm
Aircel or Airtel???
Tronny
Tronny - September 30, 2009 at 9:26pm
Tried this today. The profile installs fine. However, I don't get the Internet Tethering option under Network.
Woo3000
Woo3000 - September 23, 2009 at 5:24am
Can anyone who has had it since June please confirm about the billing and if u got charged???
Lancer
Lancer - September 7, 2009 at 12:30am
I used this method earlier today, and i have the ATT Unlimited Data Plan. I also have a app that shows how many minutes ive used etc. well Until after i installed this app it said pay per internet use right about my data plan, and it acknowledged 0.3mb from where i did a speedtest with my laptop. So im kinda etchy on this, also i heard that ATT is supposedly releasing a update sept 25 for mms, so i have no idea. All i know is the Internet Pay Per Use wasnt there until after i did that and did a speedtest. Im not trying to piss anyone off or anything i just dont want someone to have a crazy bill.
Evolvr311
Evolvr311 - August 11, 2009 at 11:06am
I have followed the instructions and it works great on my two friend's non-jailbroken 3GS iPhones. However, I only get "Local Access" when trying to tether on my Windows Vista machine. Has anybody jailbroken their iPhone a otten the tethering to work or know why I may be having trouble? I followed the jailbreak tutorial on this site.
roshan
roshan - July 18, 2009 at 9:17am
must have itunes o rphone ethernet network drivers installed on your computer first or else it wont work! It works with ATT usa.