Images and video have tremendous power to help us stay connected to family and friends, says Phil Scott, Worldwide Director of Marketing, Digital Capture and Devices and Vice President, Consumer Digital Group. The KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera makes it easy to spontaneously capture HD video of heartwarming moments, of can you believe that? moments, and of just plain laugh-out-loud moments and then quickly and easily share them.
The slim and stylish KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera is designed to meet these needs at the touch of a button -- no lens cap, dials to turn or settings to adjust. The new cameras range of advanced features includes:
* Full HD 1080p video capture wherever you go;
* Built-in electronic image stabilization for sharper videos and reduced blurring;
* Vivid 2.5 color LCD;
* Flexible swing-out USB arm for fast uploading, sharing, and charging;
* 5 MP 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures;
* Easy upload to Facebook and YouTube;
* Compatible with PC and Mac operating systems;
* Record up to 10 hours of HD video* with the expandable SD/SDHC card slot that can hold up to 32 GB;
* Capture family and friends in their best light with smart face tracking technology;
* See more details and accurate colors in low light;
* External microphone jack;
* In-box HDMI cable;
* Record from a distance or playback on your TV conveniently with optional KODAK Pocket Video remote control;
* Grab attention and define your style with the ultra compact design, stunning looks, and a range of colors.
Uploading to Facebook and YouTube
The KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera provides one-button upload to Facebook, the premiere social networking and sharing website. Content can also be quickly and easily uploaded to YouTube, the worlds most popular online video community. The built-in software on the camera allows seamless upload of your video and pictures from the same desktop interface used for video editing and movie creation.
Pricing and Availability
The KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera will be available in aqua, raspberry and black from September, 2009, and retail for US$179.95 MSRP.