July 20, 2024
Setapp Gives You Access to a Multitude of Mac Apps for $9.99/Month

Setapp Gives You Access to a Multitude of Mac Apps for $9.99/Month

Posted January 25, 2017 at 4:24pm by iClarified
MacPaw has launched Setapp, a subscription service that gives you access to a suite (currently 61) of Mac apps for $9.99/month.

Users pay $9.99 per month and get unlimited access to a handpicked collection of high-quality apps in categories from video, photography and graphic design to business, personal productivity and finance. Many essential software apps for Mac users are available through Setapp including RapidWeaver, Ulysses, CleanMyMac, iMazing, Shimo, WiFi Explorer, MoneyWiz, Polarr, Disk Drill, iStat Menus, XMind and others. Based on a curated model with only the very best apps included, Setapp is expected to offer around 300 apps as it gains momentum.

“If you want to get the most out of your Mac, you need great software and if you’re like most Mac users, you’re probably always on the lookout for new stuff that helps you get more done during your day without wasting too much time or money,” said Oleksandr Kosovan, founder and CEO of MacPaw and its Setapp division. “Setapp is the ultimate ‘unstore’ option that gives you unlimited access to lots of great software without the anxiety of non-refundable, expensive purchases.”




To get started with Setapp, you download a small app which creates a folder that is available via the Finder on their Mac. Inside the folder there is a directory-like library of apps, including descriptions and screenshots, each of which you can click on to install and use as long as your subscription is active. At any time, you can browse the available software and download as many applications you like. While a connection to the internet is needed to download and update the software in Setapp, as long as your subscription is active it remains fully functional while offline.

For developers, Setapp shares 70% of the total revenue generated by their app based on which applications customers use during the billing cycle. Additionally, two thirds of the remaining 30% go to developers in the form of a 'partner fee' which is based on the lifetime value of each subscriber they have brought to the platform.

Hit the link below for more details...


Read More


Setapp Gives You Access to a Multitude of Mac Apps for $9.99/Month
Add Comment
Would you like to be notified when someone replies or adds a new comment?
Yes (All Threads)
Yes (This Thread Only)
No
iClarified Icon
Notifications
Would you like to be notified when we post a new Apple news article or tutorial?
Yes
No
Comments (1)
You must login or register to add a comment...
drigomarki
drigomarki - January 25, 2017 at 4:48pm
Doing it if some useful apps start showing up, if not, sticking with torrent protocol.
Recent. Read the latest Apple News.
RECENT
Tutorials. Help is here.
TUTORIALS
Where to Download macOS Monterey
Where to Download macOS Ventura
AppleTV Firmware Download Locations
Where To Download iPad Firmware Files From
Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From
Deals. Save on Apple devices and accessories.
DEALS