June 27, 2022
Man Dies After Taking a Bath With Charging iPhone

Man Dies After Taking a Bath With Charging iPhone

Posted March 20, 2017 at 3:37pm by iClarified · 12462 views
A U.K. man has died after taking a bath with a charging iPhone on his chest, reports The Sun.

It's believed that Richard Bull, 32, plugged the charger into an extension cord from the hallway and then rested it on his chest while using the phone. He then suffered severe burns on his chest, arm , and hand when part of the iPhone touched the water.

Bull's wife Tanya found him when returning home. At first she thought he had been attacked due to the severity of his injuries. By the time paramedics arrived he had already passed away.

Yesterday, after recording the death as accidental, Dr. Sean Cummings said, “These seem like innocuous devices but can be as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom. They should attach warnings. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone.”

Bull's brother Andrew said, "We can all be careless at times. You don’t think there is enough electricity to do this, but there is."

“It was such a needless and tragic accident.”

Read More

Man Dies After Taking a Bath With Charging iPhone
Add Comment
Would you like to be notified when someone replies or adds a new comment?
Yes (All Threads)
Yes (This Thread Only)
iClarified Icon
Would you like to be notified when we post a new Apple news article or tutorial?
You must login or register to add a comment...
Stupid Is As Stupid Does
Stupid Is As Stupid Does - March 23, 2017 at 3:07am
Natural selection at it's best. The dumb fuk deserved to and needed to die. You don't take an electronic device into the bath with you. PERIOD. What an idiot. Hopefully he didn't breed and pass those idiot genes on down the line.
Hindsight - March 22, 2017 at 5:28pm
It doesn't matter if it was original or cheap charger. Actually it doesnt mater wat type of phone he was using In the beginning of the article it tells u he connected the phone charger to and extension cord from down the hallway and rested it on his chest ( the extension cord ) while using the phone. That's like taking a bath and tryin to make toast while resting the toaster on your chest. I'm feel bad for the family but that is a sad excuse to use to sue any company.
odedo1 - March 22, 2017 at 2:21pm
I still don't get it, it don't makes sense, the iPhone chargers are 5 Volts and about 10 mAmp, that's not enough to Kill an Ant, even a 9 volts battery when you put your tongue on it you'll feel a tiny electrical shock that can't hurt you so how is it possible to die by an iPhone charger I have no idea unless every thing was wet all the way from the 110-220 volts plugs, the charger and the cable all the way to the water in the bath, otherwise it's the same as charging with a portable charger which can't kill you or even hurt you!!!
Egos - March 22, 2017 at 2:10pm
Poor man
Wacha - March 22, 2017 at 12:59pm
15 More Comments
Recent. Read the latest Apple News.
Tutorials. Help is here.
iPhone 13 Pro Repair Manual PDF [Download]
How to Add Widgets on iPhone [Video]
iPhone 13 Repair Manual PDF [Download]
iPhone 13 Pro Max Repair Manual PDF [Download]
Where to Download macOS Monterey
Deals. Save on Apple devices and accessories.