Geohot Asks Us to Find Red Balloons In Exchange for Untethered Jailbreak

Geohot Asks Us to Find Red Balloons In Exchange for Untethered Jailbreak

Posted December 5, 2009 at 9:27am by iClarified · 6 comments · Add Comment
Thomas - December 22, 2009 at 11:36am
His reward implies that he already has an exploit and hasn't bothered to release it. I seriously doubt, however, that he has found an exploit and is instead play on the massive desire of the consumer to better himself. I have read several articles and done my own research both inside the company and outside (yes, I work for the big red fruit company) and the phones may no longer be jailbreakabke. Even the dev-team can't break it. Don't let this kid play to your desires.
GeoHot=media-whore - December 7, 2009 at 9:35am
GeoHot's always been a bit of an arrogant prick, but he's leaped to new heights on this one. This is clearly all about his ego and need to have his name in the news. He's the sharpest kid out there, but he's got the media-whore bug now. You could paraphrase this latest stunt as: :Make me famous and I'll release the tether." If he knows how to make an untethered jailbreak, just do it. If he feels like he should be paid for it, then offer it for sale. If he wants a certain amount of money to release it, then open an escrow account for donations, and when the donations reach that level, release it; it the donations don't, refund the money. Was the prize here $10,000 US? I'm sure he could raise that money in a matter of days...with the number of jailbroken phones out there, wouldn't that be like $0.01 per user to reach $10k?
Safari Sux - December 7, 2009 at 12:21am
@steve Listen here you ungrateful bastard! Geohot has ALWAYS come through with his promises, made contributions to the Jailbreaking community beyond compare of any single soul, and you have the nuts to question his credz??!! U r just the piece of crap type I would NOT release the untethered JB for!! You are probably using his JB right now you tiny piece of cow dung! May 50 million army ants infest your armpits u ungrateful POS!
lol @ safari sux - December 7, 2009 at 7:14am
Pete - December 6, 2009 at 9:41am
Unlucky! MIT got there first after 8 hours.
Jess - December 6, 2009 at 5:48am
Its not really cheating when that is what the whole point of the challenge is. It is meant to involve things like social network sites in order to find the locations it says so in the post.
Prev 1 of 1 Next