Only 16% of Global iPhone Users Have Turned on Apple Pay [Report]

Only 16% of Global iPhone Users Have Turned on Apple Pay [Report]

D4xM4Nx - February 23, 2018 at 10:58am
I'm surprised that the U.S. is lagging so much when it comes to card less payments or overall banking... We may never see Apple Pay here, I can only remember two, maybe three establishments offering something similar to Apple Pay. No way in hell NFC tech is widespread, let alone even available as a standard for daily usage. I've had problems purchasing stuff online or paying for services, apps have lots of issues handling CCs or simply lack the tools.
chirod76 - February 22, 2018 at 11:18pm
For such a developed country US has long ways to go when it comes to banking.. I travel often to Europe and my recent trip(2 weeks ago) I didn't have to get my card out of the wallet once, they use a tap (RFID) on their debit/credit card so ApplePay is basically accepted. US they are still trying to understand if they should swipe or stick in the card lol
Captain Japan - February 22, 2018 at 5:27pm
I’d love to use it, but I don’t want to deal with two-factor authentication.
John Simmons - February 22, 2018 at 4:43pm
I use an iphone 8 and Galaxy s8 (office and personal phones). I have used Apple pay and Samsung Pay. Samsung pay wins hands down. Its easier to pull up, can be literally used anywhere(even old terminals), its rewarding t use it. And also have a gear s3 which works everywhere - even if the merchant has blocked NFC payments. Apple Pay has a long way to go.
Aneda Toke - February 23, 2018 at 2:41am
I have no idea how Samsung does it but on my iPhone X all I gotta do is double press the side button and then face ID the thing and bam...tap away. I love it. Use it every day.
Jobijoba - February 23, 2018 at 9:41pm
Same here, love it. Easy, safe and rewarding (depends on which bank you are dealing with). I use it everyday.
Raas al Ghul - February 23, 2018 at 9:57pm
In the uk it’s everywhere
jhunax - February 22, 2018 at 4:38pm
my country the Philippines is very poor... businesses here are so backwards in terms of technology. tap-to-pay is virtually non-existent. merchants are afraid to use cards as mode of payment. if there is one, it is mostly offline.