We’re releasing a major rebuild of Darkroom’s rendering engine that will dramatically improve the performance, stability, and reliability of your photo editing experience. Portrait editing is more reliable and accurate, RAW photos are more stable, and every slider, transition, and interaction is smoother. This is the result of a yearlong investment that touched much of the app.
What's New In This Version:
● We rebuilt our depth engine to provide a much more performant and accurate blur editing experiences that matches the Photos app. Now when you open a Portrait photo, we match the simulated aperture that the photo was captured by, and when available, we use the same blend of available depth images to provide a very high quality editable Portrait image that the system camera does.
● For the past year, RAW editing stability has been our top reported issue across all platforms. The bad news was that fixing it would require a massive, yearlong effort. The good news is we did just that. Starting now, the entire end-to-end RAW editing experience is revamped to be much faster, smoother, and more stable.
● We’ve made the transition into and out-of RAW images much lighter and more smooth, improved the performance of all editing operations, and added support for pixel-level zoom on all RAW images.
● Increased the zoom range 5x allowing you to sport check small regions of the image efficiently.
● The interface is now much more responsive and won’t slow down as you perform more expensive rendering operations.
● Improved the performance of the photo grid, showing higher quality, more accurate thumbnails. No more black tiles!
You can download Darkroom from the App Store for free. Click here to learn more about this update.